Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japan - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+8
Corry
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans
Alex
Gary Madew
DFRACING1
arcticwolve100
Alonso0506
MattLeonowicz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Japan - Testing / Race reports Empty
PostSubject: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:17 am

Allright done 1 stint in Suzuka and car feels so good and my pace looks solid.

Now there is tyre testing to do for the week and maybe some setup testing.

More over the nxt days
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 am

arrived at suzuke just done a few laps nothing special so far just testin track layout and tyres
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:48 am

Well i arrive at japan knowing that finishing ahead of alonso would clinch me the title,
But also knowing that two 2nd places here and korea would do that to, and with 5 races left no point in any risk,

got on track today, and the car was driving like dogshit.

i couldent break / turn or eccel,, had no confidence in the car,
and allthough it was frustrateing me, i wasnt getting off server untill car was sort of ok.

This took longer then i though, ..................... lot longer

but eventully i got it. and the times started to tumble.
did 1 more stint at the end, 1st lap put me top 2nd lap was up more but went off,

so much to still do to the car, feels crap. but atleast drivable now.

alonso pace is hot, and if last season is anything to go by, were in 4 a cracking race,
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 am

Canada arrived in Japan and went straight for the Sushi Bars . . . Gotta luv the raw fish here, the Sushi too!

Took some laps with a full belly of raw fish(sushi too) and it only took 10 laps to get the layout down. Started pushing it a little more after we felt comfy. Pretty satisfied with the initial set up we made but Im sure I will have to tweak it as the week progresses.

Guddorakku wa, subete Nippon ni kangei suru!

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:07 am

Day 2,

Making good progress with the car, its drivble now, but still not perfect.
Working hard on car, alonso improves the time by 0.2. so had no choice but to abandon balence and get more speed.

went back to p1 7laps later, and went back to wrking on balence.
as i was doing this found a solid ish set up, consisitant and faster then my time i have now.

so i know time is there, more work needed, ill be pushing
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:45 am

2nd day of testing in japan and i tried some different things on setup but i went back to old/normal version and i just tried to get everything out of the car and it payed off in terms of pace but this is just pace in testing when it comes to racing its a whole different story.

Anyway also did some tyre evaluation and i now know what i can excpect in race and what i gotta do.

More over the nxt few days from team Williams
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:36 am

Very productive day. after spending all week chaseing a balence ive finally got the car to where i like it. i did 3 stints, all of them within 0.2 of my PB,

so car is good now i have confidence to push the car, and my pb was actully a crap lap, lost 0.1 s2 and 0.1 s3, so times are there.

now i can start pushing for laptime, and im confident they will drop.
and with balence there, i actully enjoy driving the track now.

more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 am

Car feels good, bit inconsistent at the moment but can sort that out, hopefully with a good start from the back on Sunday I can fight for a podium, the pace is there.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:31 am

not been feelin to well this week so not done many laps
today managed a few and set my pb 1 38 4 happy with that still way of the midfield but thats all i can do
not feeling the grove round this track so not expecting a good race for myself.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 am

Car is improving everytime i go onto the server, car is feeling so much better then it did monday,

i think my balence now is finalised,so is fuel and so is gears and wings, and feels really good, can push really hard and be confident.

need to now work on tyres, how the are lasting etc,

Title can be won here, but im not 4getting alonso, hes flying on this track, and i think itll be a head2head like last season, 1.5 covering us all race.

best of luck this weekend alonso,
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:56 am

My usual goal for testing is to try to get within 1 - 1.5 seconds of Dave and the other podium dwellers time by the end of the week.
Every now and again I get to a track and I just cant get anywhere near them, this is one of those times. Just cant get into low 37's as much as i try.

Really wish Harv was around to help............ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 am

Not happy 1 little bit here got no rythen struggling rounf track not at all competative here my only goal is to finnish this week and get some points to get back to 2nd in cons

should be an interesting race though and anything can happen and it usally does.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 am

Testing went to plan,
1st off i tried no wings. was same pace but not to my likeing.

then went back to old set up, and tried end of race stint, but was out of time.

all looks good for tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 pm

did some low fuel runs and 1 race fuel run just to check everything and the car feels good but need to work on pace for quali but that shouldnt be a problem as a top 3 in quali is always my goal.
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 am

What a horrible last couple of days, been throwing up all weekend cuz ive been reli ill, but fuck it decided to race with not much practice ggot in to q1 late becuz i was in the bathroom emptying my insides Wink

Q3 was horrible was up on dave sector 1 then had a big moment in degna 1 which caused me to wide in degna 2 where i lost 6 tenths so behind nick on the grid pffft.

Start was bad was passed by ribbins ad dan his usuall self sent 1 up the inside of turn 1 nearly took me out the race lucky ive raced with him before so i avoided him and he went wide.

After that started chasing rib had a good battle but got touta shape in the snakey section cuasing a spin, really awkward place to spin back around and nick had no where to go sorry mate, then he gave me a big nudge in to degna 1 casuing me to take a tight line in to degna 1 and going on to the sand. suppose i deserved that lol, good battle with morgan and after i got past he re past me turn 1 but i went deep and nudged him of, gave him the place back under the bridge.

Settled down after that until i took to much curb and hitting wall.

Been a horrible weekend wat with me getting ready for college 2moro and revising for my theory test and being sick lol. Is that enough excuses? if not let me no cya Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:35 am

Had a good start, was up to third a few laps in and catching Alonso. In second stint I was catching him too, then dave had a DT and fought with him so lost time, then spun which gave them a massive gap. Dropped it on the last lap when I was on boost 1 just cruising, clipped a curb and went flying, disappointing seen as though I was catching Alonso in the 1st and 2nd stint so had the pace for p2/win.
People behind must have made one less stop, gap was massive to dan/nick etc and they were close at the end, had them covered til i spun but oh well p5 not bad

Last edited by Alex on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 am

arrghhhh blew it lol

Quali - new it would be close bit i just nipped it by 0.060 bloody good,

Race - start was perfect, and felt comfortable with pace, and built up a 11second lead.
Sc came out and we all pitted, lead lost.

restart took my time 1st few laps then went for it again building up a 4second lead,
went into the pit, got the limiter on, but wasnt slow enough by like 5mph and got a DT

after DT i was 3rd, and no way gonna give up, caught alex, and past him on outside of last turn,

closeing down alonso between 0.5 and 1second per lap. was sweating buckets.
and last lap caught him but i had a moment.

and came 2nd by 0.8

Well done to alonso, driver of the day, only guy not to make mistake, and been shit hot all week.

champ over to next week now, but dont mind as this was a brilliant race.

wel done nick on p3. and to others that finished.

onto korea.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 am

been having internet/PC issues this week so didn't think i'd finish the race, didn't quali coz i had to sort something out in the house, came home 6th, not bad
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 am

Hell yeah win at Suzuka yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss

Quali was so close and i got everything out of the car but i knew dave was faster.

Anyway nice to see arjan back but bad race i think from him with another dnf.

Safed fuel 1st stint but had gap to alex wich enabled me to do that.

Then sc fcked it and he was right up.

He didnt really came into the position to overtake me but close battle.

then i wonderd what happend to dave and i thaught jeez thats my chance so i pushed last 20 some laps and did 1 quali lap after another but dave still chatching.

Fck yeah win at Suzuka so happy cant belive it that i finnaly got my first win of the season after so many 2nd places.

Unlucky dave,corry,arjan dunno what others did.

I think i can say making no mistakes all race made this possible for me.

Onto Korea (give me another hell yeah) great track wich i love to drive.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 am

Terrible race. Little prep; lots of silly mistakes; no pace; desktop crash. Ah well. Wd to cosie and the rest
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am

for alonso

Helllllllll yaaaaaaa lol,

well done m8
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:50 am

i hted every minute of this race was slow in testing and new i was in trouble
had a drive through
pluss a stop go for spinning across last coner
glad its over
my poor run continues
got a point though
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:20 am

Really looking forward to this one after official practice last night when I knew I was "on it" with my primes and 3 stopping.

Great start and was 3rd at end of lap 1 and maintaining both gaps for a good few laps before I spun exiting hairpin and had to wait for a month (4 or 5 secs) for a gap to spin it round and re-join.

Cut along story short, spun completely on my own 4 times, had a drive through and miss calculated my pit stops. Very pleased with my pace last 3 races so not too pissed off.

Consolation prize was getting Cosie on pen-ultimate lap. He will say his tyres were going off or something like that (he had only done 17 laps on them FFS) but we both know the truth Martin. Very Happy That pass was like a win to me.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 am

FERRARI SEASON 7 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONS

FOR THE 2ND SEASON RUNNING MYSELF AND NICK HAVE CLAIMED THE TITLE,
ITS BEEN A GREAT SEASON, GOING BETTER THEN WE EXPECTED, AND WITH THE OTHER TEAMS HAVEING PROBLEMS WE POUNCED ON THEM.

THANKS TO NICK, FOR ALL THE HELP, AND HARV FOR THE 1ST 4 OR 5 RACES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan - Testing / Race reports   Japan - Testing / Race reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next