Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monaco - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+8
F1RacerDan
massa94
Alex
Alonso0506
ajbrown
arcticwolve100
MattLeonowicz
DFRACING1
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

Monaco - Testing / Race reports Empty
PostSubject: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 pm

So here we are at Monaco, a track I've won 3 times and love to drive as it suites my style of driving,
Really looking forward to this one so gonna work twice as hard to make sure I go into season break with a good lead in title.

Sadly still no net so today I will be on my own. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow.
Report later today after testing is complete.

Reports below please
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

ENGINE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY 10 AM NOW NOT 11PM AS I AM BUSY THURSDAY EVENING!!!!

THIS WEEK ONLY
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 am

Done a few laps this morning just gettin used to low abs round track
love monaco never do well here so hopefully can put that right this weekend
also brakes lasted again at spain so happy thats sorted now and can press on with racing
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 am

okk spain didnt5 test any got a neqw wheel first time i really truied it on f1 was to hard to handle on to moanco i dnt expect my self to be doing any gd for the next few races at least going from my g25 to my gt the pedal resistance is quiet hard fior me to get used to
but happy so far
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 am

In Monaco it’s mainly a question of having a good feel for the car. The more i have the harder i can push, lap after lap. It seems we are a bit more competitive than elsewhere.
I immediately felt comfortable here, right from the beginning, so I was able to push harder and harder, because the car was reacting well and I had confidence in it.
I am pleased, but i know this is just the first day and that the other Championship contenders.
Qualifying will be a much more stressful time because here, the slightest error carries a heavy penalty.
I must try to take some risks, because i need to close the gap to the best.
As for the tyres, I think that their performance is reasonably ok but its only monday so lots of things to find out till weekend.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 am

Fantastic track, love the challenge of monaco.
First day has gone well car has good balance / speed.
Laptimes are good. For me anyway, cant get hotlaps to work
On phone ATM so have no idea what others are doing. So hopefully I'm there somewhere

Tyres also lasting well. So much with setup you can change here so lots of work to do
Hope to be on server tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Hotlaps server just loaded shit the bed the times are close

In other news the engineer is here and net is fixed be on soon to test properly

Last edited by DFRACING1 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 am

Afternoon update -

My first laps on the server I have no idea why but seems to be more grip then offline,
So on server it's left me turning in erlyer,
Times were ok had to adjust setup to compensate for the extra grip.
And got my times back to where they were all be it 0.3 off my Pb offline.

So I know the car can get their it's just adjusting. Will test hard tonight.

Evening updated later
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 am

Off the pace, dunno why dave said it was close lol 15s are miles ahead.
Anyway nothing to do to setup its just raw pace but I should be able to get ahead of Alonso by the end of the week, no chance of getting Dave
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 am

End of day 2 testing report -

Well finally got my times back to what they was offline, feeling really happy with car, balence is great, tested tyres on a stint, last really well, fuel also,

might do race sim morrow to get it over with and spend rest of week concentrateing on car,

more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 am

Today i started changing things on setup to see how they perform but none of it worked so pretty gutted about that.

Going back to standard setup and got back to normal 16s. Then i made one small change and ive done a 15.9 and the car was perfect on track and it allowed me to push like hell and thats great for race on Sunday.

Now i need to check both compounds of the tyres to see how long they last to give me an indicator for race.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:43 am

Well did a race run today with the new upgrade package (front aero) and did a 1.12 on race fuel so looking all good.
More upgrades for every race, we arrive here in Monaco with the McLaren team and should be going out partying tonight
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 am

well tested some more at our special race tarck we can announce that we have mananged and been fortunate to snacth patrick head and sam michael under the noses off williams i do not no how thi9s will afect the williams team and the alonso camp but it will definatly make us faster so should be in top 3 for qualli allso got new front wing floor and blown diffuser coming next race you will see the permance and all so visual look to the car thats all for now
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 am

Also forgot to mention my helmet is made out of a special material this week which is lighter and more aerodynamic, it's set to give me 0.6 seconds if the calculations are correct. Alot of data crunching and looking at the telemetry has been done to ensure this upgrade works.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 am

done my pb today not comfy but just doin my best not got good pace still though aim is 1 18s by end of week
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Early thoughts round Monaco, attempted to do about 13 laps each lap i ended up with damage.
I think that i will struggle to make 107%. I will know on saturday where i stand although i say now i dont think i'll make it with my eratic driving style.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 am

Struggling this week! Just can't keep any pace at all, anything I change just makes it worse so just gunna turn up and enjoy it Sunday, daves got it in the bag lol might get top 5 if im lucky
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 am

Dan its monaco no1 has it in the bag, remember season 3 nick won from last only 3 finished, mike was nd 2lps dwn, anything can happen,

Day 3 testing report -

Today i didnt touch my origanal set up, spent quite a few laps making another to see if there was anything i missed out on,

but origanal seems to be on it, good pace good balence, and can drive it with confidence, so bck to that tomorrow,

cant stress enough how much i love this track, and the challenge of driving it, dont want it to be over
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 am

Ok tested both tyre compounds today and know how to use both of em and this could play an important role in the race.

Yesterday i thaught that this high 15 was a once in a lifetime lap but as i found out today i can do them if i can pull a good lap together so that makes me very happy.

Now about my teammate i think he needs to get into the grove of monaco otherwise he will struggle massivel as you need a good rythmn here in monaco.

To comment on the stuff haz said why should patrick head leave williams?lmao and for sam michael he will stay till end of the season.

Red Bull Teamboss must have been drunk when he made that press releasel lol.

Thats it end of story

Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 am

done alot more laps today just drivin track
not been able to do a stint yet to see about tyre life
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:49 am

Found some nice info with the car and this track, so changed the car accordingly to fit this more, and its helping alot,

done my PB of the week so far, i can slow down faster, and way better balence in the car,

look forward to tweeking this be sunday.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:27 am

Race sim done ahhh
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:08 am

alot of miles done today and finnaly found a comftable rythem
now know i can do 1 18s which was my target now to do tyre tests tomorrow need to keep car in once peice 1st
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 pm

I can make this race, if there's a seat available.

Is it okay to take the HRT?
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:55 pm

I will now also be racing this weekend due to some family issues that my visitor has forcing her to leave this afternoon instead of Monday. Andrew you can race in hrt
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monaco - Testing / Race reports   Monaco - Testing / Race reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Monaco - Testing / Race reports
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next