Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+9
Corry
DFRACING1
Gary Madew
joaopitaes
arcticwolve100
Alonso0506
massa94
ajbrown
MattLeonowicz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   Empty
PostSubject: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 pm

well we move on to hockenheim i expect to be quick here and thats what i got str8 out off the car not alot to do tweaks here and there and should be done
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 am

Early indications are looking good. hoping to find at least another second during the week. Changed set up a bit since Valencia hoping to bring home more points, havent tested quali pace but hoping to be getting further up the field.
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:53 am

testing has finished for today improved it all round few more things need ironing out but atm its all okk had good pace gd setup since monaco really just hasnt gone for us in 1 way or anaother with me and matt both failing in monaco well say fail bad luck canada i didnt try hard enuff velencia the car improved so much was in 3rd few corners left and engine goes thn last race put to much fuel in making it under steer like hell ill amke dam sure tht dont happen this week we need big points and need to start scoring big points soon as the car keeps getting better and better race by race no excuses now the car is there to delever points good points to
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:36 am

Arriving at Hockenheim this week its time for my Home Grand Prix.

Its definatly a special circuit for me and i wanna do as good as possible.

Today i done a lot of setup evaluation to find out whats best for Sundays Race and i think i done a good job on that.

Rest of the week i will do tyre testing to see how they work here but from my first laps it looks really good.

So will try my very best as always but will be very hard cause there is a lot of pressure and field is so close.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:11 am

1st day of testing
and home gp for mclaren engine manufactuer mercedes so want to do well
1st day was just a basic get to no the track and tyre ware evaluation
Back to top Go down
joaopitaes

joaopitaes

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 am

Ive been training a lot and im improving my skills. There is an empty slot in team lotus if drivers classification schedule is correct, and i like to have the chance to qualify myself to the race.If is it possible, i will find nice setup to this weekend, and try to do a nice lap time.
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 pm

My first day of testing went exactly as planned . . . FIGURE OUT THE LAYOUT OF THE TRACK! Once I did that I felt more comfy and started tackling section by section. Not sure but some parts of the track look familiar with other parts nadda . . . Gearing is set up and Im looking forward to taking some fuel runs 2nite when i get home. LUV F-1 BABY!

Pretty funny coming from REDNECK NASCAR country to here. Most of the time its sounds to me like Im in a Harry Potter movie(only watched the first 2). I will eventaully understand what you guyz are saying the first time.

Thanks again for having me.

PS: My partner over at SCE Mike Schreiner is also interested in this league along with a few others so expect some more new faces in the coming weeks.

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:56 am

Cool Gary great to see that our leauge is continually growing.

Testing wise still stuck in the 1:22 roughly 3/4 seconds off the pace which is about normal. Hoping to get into the high 1:20 by the end of the week. No quali runs yet as i want to get the race pace right and not worry about grid position. Easy track to get into a rythmn on and hoping to do a full stint on the tyres tommorow. So far the options seem to be lasting longer than predicted - 8-12 laps not much done on the primes but hoping they can do 15-20 laps if i am easy on them, A big IF i should say.
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 am

Great testing for me last night as for the first time I can honestly say that I feel comfy again driving the F-1 ROCKET SHIPS!

When I used to race F-1 years ago I would go into track testing the following ways;
- If I didnt know the layout then I would learn section by section(normally 4 sections was enough). Then for a few laps I would go as hard as I could once I knew the layout.
- Once I get comfy then I set up the gearing again according to the layout of the track. Normally that takes a little longer as you need to go full out to make a final gearing selection. ( I always liked a shorter 1st-2nd-3rd & 4th gears for the technical parts of the track).
- The above goes pretty much in hand with suspension because the suspension along with the proper gearing is your speed in the technical areas. Ive always noticed that you need to set up turns b4 you enter them and if your suspension aint right you will not roll in the and out of the turns smoothly thus looooooosing a tremendous amount of speed and time.
- Tire wear and fuel consumption is the last areas I work on and I really try to put in as many consistance laps as possible to get the best readouts for fuel and tire wear.
- Qualifying used to be a big part of my prepperation but in F-1 races people are on different pitting strategies so as long as Im clean out of the first few turns Im happy. Q set ups are a hole different puppy and I do not spend as much time on them as I used too.

For me Q hot lapping aint gonna win you a race, its the practicing under race trim that gets you the wins. Getting into a rhythm and a zone is for me what F-1 is all about. When Im seeing tunnel vision I know I am rockin & a rollin!

Well this has been a CA-RAZY CANAUCK moment sponsored by my Ex-Wife and all the monies she has taken over the years!

Last night Fliiiipeee the Greek dude and another guy (sorry but at my age remembering aint like it used to be)and I went out on the track and for at least 1 hr were racing eachother as hard as we can. That to me was SOOOOOOO important for getting back into a grooooove. Thanks U2! (Not the band even though they were just here in Montreal for a 2 nite concert which I saw and that put me back $250! It was well worth it! Ya see how my 47 soon to be 48 year old brain works . . . I just ramble on about things that are not related to whatever I was talkin about. Actaully im not sure what I was tlakin about now! WHO AM I! Are those my 2 kidz . . . DAM!

See ya guyz 2nite!

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 am

Well started new job monday, so have less time to test now, which could effect rest of season tbh, but i will try hard to keep on it,
when i get home i gotta do food 4 kids, be with me kids, cram in some testing, beg 4 sex b4 bed then sleep, so not much time now lol.

but anyway, done testing on monday and tuesday night,
car is feeling ok good balence and good grip, and pace seems ok atm, gonna be close race, hax is looking shit hot,

need to finalize gears, still bit messed uo, and adjust 3rd spring not touch tht yet,

will try n do more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:13 am

Really happ with pace today found a bit of time so goin into race pritty confident
Back to top Go down
joaopitaes

joaopitaes

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:59 am

I did some changes in car setup and i think that ive doing nice laptimes to be an debutant, but I want to improve in 0.5 ou 1 sec yet!
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 am

Officel practice -

Turned upto session late as gav was on my pc racing on gp2.
when i turned up i quickly did race stint, b4 session ended pace was ok few tenths off my pb, but its all good.

prac starts just had fun with alonso was good.

as for the race least confident of any race ive ever done, cars ok but ive not done enough testing, also ive neva won here b4 so pressure on,

cya tomorrow guys goodluck
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 am

practice went ok couldent go as fast as i wanted due to other distractions
but i no time is there and with a heavy car im happy
practice starts went ok but car feels horible to start with
only worry is a horrible pit noice in the races for me hope that aint there race day as it aint been in practice especially when i pitted
if not i will have to turn volume of for this 1
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:45 am

done a stint aswell and pace is good.

For Quali i hope i can hook up a great lap and quali on front row wich would be fine for me.

Everything sorted for Race so hopefully my Home Grand Prix will be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 am

well basically im f***ed lol, been really quite ill for a few days so not been able to test done about 30 laps all week and no quili runs, be happy with a top 5 as im still really weak
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

Quili: first low fuel run was in q1 and was amazed i was so close to dave if i hadnt been ill this week and tested like usuall probably coulda had pole. q3 was up 2 tenths in middle sector but poor final sector put me 2nd. and then got told i ran wide turn1 so started 10th meh was close call but probably correct.

Race:

LOL and that ladies and gents is why u always need to prac, good start but ran wide turn1 so gave place back to cunnie and in doing so nick got me to, first few laps went cautious as had done like 40 laps testing here all week, got rear damage from team mate smacking me up ass at chicane lol, after that pace got much better started catching people infront and wen andy i think it was lost his wing i was right up his ass, thought he might let me through as he had no front grip but decided not to and was right up his spoiler in the stadium section, got to close to him ended up running wide and hit wall, no downforce going back to pits and hadnt practiced pi entry at all all week cuz i was reli ill and in quili was coasting to save fuel, pit was much narrower then i predicted and lost front left pushing to hard going in lmao.

shocking return 4 dnf's from 4 races pace is reli reli good but luck aint. cya next time folksssss Smile

BEEN TAKING IT EASY SINCE MY RETURN BUT FROM NOW ON MY HEADS BACK IN THE GAME AND ILL BE BACK TO MY FORMER SELF

Last edited by Corry on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 am

was having a great battle with Morgan pitted before him then got wiped out by Arjan... great driving son.
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 am

hhhm well race was pretty good until my ps3 died out lol. the analog stick of the controller died slowly trough out the race .....
im feeel verry sorry for daniel for hitting him out of the race due my problems with my controller i feel open for every reprimande to follow after this crash.
Well Trown this controller in the trash can cus it didnt work at all anymore im happy that i have an second controller So it isnt that bad that my controller is broke but yea i feel sorry m8 for crashing you out of the race Sad.
and aswell Good going for me aswell 5dnfs in arow yippie this an enw record i think.
im pretty done with the dnfs now i dont feel pretty happy atm about racing and stuf so i take an cool down now and see what i do from tommorow onwards.
but i will never quit Smile.
See ya in hungary people
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 am

Quali: 3rd.

Race: 3rd. Good battle with alonso and dan. Got past alonso, shame Danhad problems. Managing a gap to Florian but in second 3rd last and 2nd last stint, traffic was not great; e.g. Fillipos decided to let me through by almost going to a standstill on the left-right in the last sector after the hairpin. I had to react by braking heavily where it should be flat out, and still touched him. Lost a few seconds. Shit happens, but learn from it before judging others of doing similar things.

Alonso got closer. I made a mistake in last sector hairpin; struggling with power oversteer there all week. Congrats to him and cosie.

Last edited by QuickNick on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 am

not happy at all lost 1 lap on df on lap 1 basiccaly dunno who hit me filipos or loucas im not sure if they even breaked recked my car but pace was still on but considering my first lap was in the race since monday i wnt moan to much but no i should have done a lot lot better
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 am

Quali - after being uncomfortable all week bout car and lack of testing i wasnt expecting much,
but i came on today after f1 and the car hocked up lovely, and was driving with confidence,

So going into quali my main threat was corry, but he went wide turn 1 twice, so i had pole,

Race - great start kept lead,
2nd 3rd and 4th were busy fighting so i got to pull out a gap,
and was pretty much like silverstone, i got to pull 0.5 - 0.8 a lap,

with all pitstops i waited for the guys behind to pit so i could be on fresher tyres all race.

had a few frights with backmarkers, but all good in end.

but all in all a good solid drive, race went perfect, pole fl and win,
team mate was 6th so solid points.

onto budapest, love that track like i love monaco and spa, cyas there.
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 am

Really boring race for me, first lap i got a good start but i ruined it when i underbraked myslef into the hairpin and hit into Nic Demetris apologies there. Then i was just moving out of the way for the leaders. 11th place nothing more really i could have done.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 am

crap race got 9th
team m8 got taken out
i was really slow
incident with filipos in 1st few laps i had to back out t1 cause of loucus and he went into rear
1 of those things but when your on key board like he is he has no control
if i slow then dont carry on somut bound to happen
if jay wants to look at it im cool

feel bad for dan he was doin well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports    Hockenheim - Testing / Race reports   Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next