Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+6
F1RacerDan
Mythos
QuickNick
arcticwolve100
Alonso0506
MattLeonowicz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports Empty
PostSubject: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:04 am

Ok arrived in Abu Dhabi today with a really dissapointing Result in India wich ment that the Team didnt score points for the first time this Season.

With 2 Races left i wanna finish on a high wich means everything else but podium is not acceptable so i have to get a good car setup and good rythmn for last 2 tracks.

Started today and like last few Tracks the car feels really good only thing i have to work on is that i need a bit more top speed to be able to defend myself or attack on the long straights but its just some k`s im missing not much.

On my first stint i also done some tyre evaluation but i have to do 1 or 2 more this week to be sure with degredation,strategy etc.

More to come over the week.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 am

started testing today done some tyre work and got my times down abit need more speed to come though , day 1 happy so far.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 am

Today i was doin Tyre evaluation to see how long they last before i gotta pit etc. and thats done.

While doing that i got a bit more pace out of the car.

Im confident that this could be a good one but never know whats gonna happen.

Anyway for rest of the week not much left to do with car except that i will do some more tyre testing wich means 1 or 2 stints till weekend.

After ive done that i will do some low fuel runs to see how the car feels and work on quali.

Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:35 am

Check out the signature dan...

oh and testing is going swell.

Last edited by QuickNick on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:49 pm

55 laps right? I cant put more than 44 in the tank. Is there any problem or?
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Put in 200 litres.

Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:30 pm

I heard this another time. 200L says 36laps here. I wonder if you know something more than me cause if i'm right i'm always running with too much fuel. But how? At the end of the race i'm ok with the fuels. Almost empty. Here with 200L ?

Another thing is that i dont know when at the race will be darker as for the end of the race will be night, but the K1 will be a little dangerous as late at the race cant see where youre going cause is almost black. pirat
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm

200 litres on full boost and u should be fine. If you get a decent plugin (e.g. 'rfDynHUD'), you can work out fuel consumption pretty accurately.

It is dark but ah well.

Make sure u assign the headlights button.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 pm

happy with progress not that fast but im ok i think should be battling at back but no way i can get near 45s let alone 42s
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am

ah ok ok. iI just check the consumption and its all ok. Thans very much Andrew
(Andrew? i think lol)
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:19 am

Headlights lol! The track is sufficiently lit so u will be fine mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 am

I dont know how it heard but i have not any problem with the track, and i feel that it will be one of the best races tomorrow.
I just let the time to pass and when it comes darker like night, the tunnel at the pit exit and the K1 is a little dark and must be careful. I said it for people that didnt tested it and didnt let the time pass at the track. afro
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:33 am

ye does get dark in tunnul lol but its great to watch when u go by hotel again and its lit up green

and thats others fualt for not testin really
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 am

Anyway braking and turning are usually done by habit. Just find some braking reference points and you'll be fine.

p.s. It is Andrew and no problem
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 am

Myself and nick got back to testing today after a long week off after a fantastic 1-2

1st 5 -8 laps the car felt like dog bolloks, but after err 20 maybe i was back in grove and soon after set p1 time,

car feels good for tomorrow looking 4ward to another fun race from the back,
hopefully more turn up.

prac starts were pointless again no1 bothers now so i left,

cya 2morrow lads
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 am

Well done my finnal prep for tomoz
tyres are a struggle to get up to temp so over brakin in turns happyish with pace

noticed on prac starts gonna need to break really early or accident waitin to happen
in fact 1st few laps need to take it easy gonna lose alot of time anyway so safe better than sorry

ps traack is cool in the dark
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 am

doin some stints and car is good. everything done for tommorow.

Back to top Go down
lozribbans

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:34 am

did a few laps with half fuel as i may not be home intime for quali tomorrow and need to get a 107% time in. Did the practise starts and for some reason i feel happy about starting from the back..... youre all nutters!!!! lol. Had fun tho. see you tmoz
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Internet has been down most of the week so been doing laps offline. The track is a real bitch to run, getting around 20 fps with some parts of the track being even worse running at 10 fps. I will be running rf on the smallest resolution and lowest rfactor settings to improve fps. Really is a beautiful track shame my pc can't handle it very well
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:51 am

Good race, for the first 2 stints atleast, close between Dave, Morgan me and Florian. Had the pace for P2, Unfortunately Morgan's game lagged out which put him out of the fight. I overtook Florian twice in the race and felt I had the speed to beat him but he tried about 5 stupid dives up in the inside (how are you going to get up the inside of t1? seriously) which resulted in my car being damaged and I lost about 5mph on straights. Florian jumped me in the pits because he was faster after hitting me 3/4 times. Settled for 3rd in the end and ran the last 5 laps in mix 1. Shoulda been second but oh well.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:53 am

RACE -

Start took my time didnt want to mess up with any1, past a few ppl turn 1 after a few incidents

caught upto matt and we had a great fight for 3 laps ? counteracting wht eachother did, was great and fair

then caugh upto loz, and made a good move dwn inside on the pit straight, i was up aganst wall,

then started to catch top 3, when florian pitted so i pit to so i could cover him, and managed to come out infront,

then alex pitted and i was 2nd, and then morgan pitted and stayed infrnt,
this left a great battle betwee us last quite a few laps, was hard at times as he got lag, but we neva touch,

managed to get the lead with a good move and held onto it rest of race,
made my last stop and took my time till the end, alonso was catching but i paced myself to keep onto lead,

very happy with that race, onto brazil now my final race for a while,
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 am

Well what should i say ah ye start with quali

pace wasnt so good but no one was faster so ok but the fastest lap of the race wich was by me was faster than my q3 lap so thats says it all.

Race

Start was ok and i was building a gap but surprise surprise Saftey Car came out hoooray.

Gap down and andrew past me t1 (yes alex it is possible)

Made Pitstop and came out and did a quite good outlap but with dave infront after his stop wtf lol.

Then had really nice battles with andrew and alex 3 way for most of the race and yes i did some moves but hay i could brake much later than guys infront and run out of room.
So i hit him a couple of times but he was blocking me aswell and did some moves on me.

At end i putted on softs as only one i think and was catching dave but it was too late.

Another 2nd place yiipppee but i wanted a win.

Now onto brazil who knows whats gonna happen there.

holla holla holla
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 am

Alonso0506 wrote:
Well what should i say ah ye start with quali
Gap down and andrew past me t1 (yes alex it is possible)

It's possible when you're side by side, not when you try a stupid dive down the inside.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:15 am

Quali: 2nd but down to 10th i think for taking out Filippos.

Race: One of best first few laps i've done. 10th to second in 2 laps I think, though got lucky with incidents. Good battle with dave alex and alonso. Was second but twice was relegated to 4th through bad lag for about 10 seconds each time. Unfortunate but shit happens; might have lost 2nd anyway. 4th in the end.

Good drive from Jimi btw

Last edited by QuickNick on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports   Abu Dhabi - Testing / Race reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next