Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Korea - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+4
Gary Madew
Alex
Alonso0506
MattLeonowicz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Korea - Testing / Race reports Empty
PostSubject: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:11 am

Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:16 am

done my first laps in korea and i really really like that track and i got good pace early on but dave is so much faster.

my aim is to make car more stable over the week and doin tyre testing.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:30 am

pace is ok, only did a few laps. want to be on the same pace as alonso and finally get a podium and not make a stupid last lap mistake
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Last night really put in some good quality testing and we are very happy with our package so far. Set up is very balanced and the car seems to be planted throughout the track. Now we can focus on consistancy for the race. HOPEFULLY no internet intruptions, troical storms or power outages for this weekends race in Korea . . . OR ELSE!

First time on this track and man it is FUN FUN!

Will get to more testing tonight.

CA-RAZY
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 am

great day of testing today managed to shave of 2 seconds of my time very happy
1 44s i can now achieve
car feels good
just having a few problems round parts of track
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:04 am

changed some things on setup and that made it bit better but still not fully happy with it overall.

when i finished setup i will do tyres
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:59 am

Testing today has gone well , posted my new pb today and feel more time can come
happy with car and set up so far
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:21 am

Improved by a tenth or two, practice starts were pointless, either got hit off or people were sandbagging and not doing them properly
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:23 am

Ok i had to do tyre test today but that wasnt a problem.

Also finished setups only quali wich may needs some tweaks cause car felt really bad.

I noticed im quite slow on straights so i gotta watch out lol
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 am

Happy with that race, no mistakes for once. Qualified close to Dave and had good race pace for once. Beat Florian and was able to back off near the end, nearly got fastest lap of the race too which is promising for the end of the season. Not happy with what Florian did earlier in the race at a SC restart, chopped me on the straight then the next corner forced me off the track.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 am

JAPAN -

Most of the last week heading towrds japan, i kep going on and on, finish ahead of alonso and champ is done, for me i think i put to much pressure on myself and made mistakes,

THIS WEEK -

i didnt make any post, i didnt speak to many people about the race and the champioship situation.
i kept myself to myself. and stayed fully concentrated on the race,

QUALI -

me and alex were bloody close in q1 q2 and q3, but pipped him in q3, no1 was gonna touch alonso in quali. so p2 was great result.

RACE -

Start was great took the lead at turn 1, and from there i got my head right down and concentrated on race, pulling out gap everylap,
had a few sc's
lap 15 i think alonso dropped it, gutted as we were close in pace.
this made race bit easyer had a big gap over alex,
but ner middle of race he started to peg the gap.
sc came out, and alex pace was shit hot, hagging onto everylap i think consistancy was all tht seperated us.

anyway pretty much perfect race start to finish,

well done to alex and florian getting back to p3, great drive m8,
unlucky to my team m8 we were on for another double podium.

CHAMPION -

by finishing the race in p1. i have clintched my 4th OGL title.
its been a mad season and prob best ever with the mod / phisics,
and the compatition between me and florian was bloody good.

ANNOUNCMENT -

Well as most people know i work in a bar, mostly during the day,
and by the time season 4 comes along and we get going its gonna be ner the time every1 starts thinking of christmas. which means .........

my hours in work will change to evening as more twats like to go out and get pissed,

so as you prob guessed by now this will be my last season, as i will have crap all time to test and enjoy racing. i will be back the following season,

so thanks to every1 for a great season,

SAFETY CAR -

Allready arranged with matt, ill be doing sc next season. you all better be good now lol.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST -

so next season im out, hmmmm seats at ferrari.

well i am pleased to announce after searching long and hard i have found 2 drivers to take over.

DRIVER 1 -

who else but florian geier, the guy who pushed me so hard everyrace. and who is on great form, i have no doubt will be a future champion,

DRIVER 2 -

Gary medew
since joining the league this guy has been showing great pace, and is improving everyrace. and with the help of myself and forian, i think we can make him a podium contender hopefull later in the season a race winner.

Welcome to the team boys,

As for me for the last few races i will do what i alllways do when the title is sorted, and thats have fun, and race from the back,

again its been a fucking great season, cheers everyone.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:37 am

enjoyed that! had a steady start and was battling with morgan and nick pretty much most the race. decided to put early and try and lure morgan in too hoping i could outlast him at the end and it worked, on the same lap Nick Demetris had a spin putting me 4th and i held on for the line. Think my strategy got me 4th as i was struggling to get past both nick and morgan!

Determined to get 4th in the drivers champ and its fitting the me morgan and nick are close in the races!

oh and well done Dave on the title win Wink
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 pm

interesting race

dident have much speed saftey car saved me
closing stages the oconner was closin on me
i went to super softs
stayed ahead and came home 7th

Last edited by arcticwolve100 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 pm

I think Alex might have something to say bout u coming 2nd? Haaa
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 pm

2nd lee get in mate.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 pm

i corrected it now i was multi taskin at the time lol
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Allright here goes my report

1st off all i really like the Korea track so i guess it gave me a little bit more confidence and so i had good pace early on.

I changed my setup by mid week to high downforce cause i felt it would be the better way to go.

After wendsday i had lots to do so saturday practice was my 1st run with other setup and pace was really good.

Now on to Quali.

Q1 was doin longer runs to get my braking points and used to low fuel.

Q2 was same but i had less fuel.

Q3 just before i notice i had my brake size still on race level so changed that and also Option tyres and 3 lap fuel and bang pole. 2nd run was even quicker so really happy with that and it looked like my plan would work.

But now onto Race

After2 restarts the 3rd time we went without warm up lap wich cost me but everyone else aswell but my tyres were so cold.

Dave got me t1 so plan already down the toilette.

Follwed him and tried to get some slipstream and in the 2nd and 3rd sector i really caught him but not enough.

Some Saftey Cars etc.. and restarts.

For Alex m8 i didnt do anything wrong you just went out of road you tried it on outside so not my problem when you have to run over curb but you got 2nd so be happy m8.

Then i crashed just after 1st sector and thaught thats it but i kept on goin and had battles with dan,andrew and nicholas in wich we went of the track both wich was quite funny.

After that i tried to close down but the damage was to heavy i had afterwards and i really had so much less front downforce at end but fastest lap.

At end P3 but the Championship is lost wich is very dissapointing to me but Congratulations to the old/new Champion Dave.

We battled all season long altough i wasnt that good at the beginning of the Season.

Now the season is nearly is over but i still want to get good results in the remaining races.
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 am

After Q`ing 4th (new I had a fast car) I was really looking forward to settling down for the race and if my plan worked out Im sure I would have been close to if not a podium finish. Well it didnt work work yet again but this time I wasnt in controll. Server lag got me and Matt. Again so sorry for ending your day and life at Korea.

I`m still finding it extremely KAOTIC on the first few laps as people are passing with all or nothing type of driving to gain a position. Now maybe its me but man if I dont let up in a few turns its a wreck 10000%. Being new here still I let up but come nex year . . . NO WAY BABY!

I was running in 3rd when the lag got me coming out of turn 2. When the screen unfroze I was on the grass and that was it. Slid across the track and hit the wall(not too hard) then Matt comes along and Im sure it was a guess as to where he should go, LEFT or Right or Center . . . If you look at the replay he exits on the right side and if he would stayed there he would have cleared my big ass but like we all do you need to make a desicion and a quick one spcially at those speeds. Matt guessed and you are all now invited to our funerels! May we rest in peices!

I`m sure before the end of the season I will standing on the podium.

I am very pleased to announce me signing with Team Ferrari for 2012. Negotiations were really tough as both sides tried to get the best deal out of this.

Minutes from the negotiations:
Ferrari Owner David F. - Gary I would like talk to you . . .
Gary M. - SURE!
David - We want to know if you have secured a ride for 2012
Gary - Not yet . . . why
David - We would like for you to join Ferrari for 2012 and team up with Florian. We like what we have seen so far and think you would be a nice addition to the team.
Gary - Really! Thats would be coooooool. Can I think about it plz
David - Sure take you time and get back to me plz.
30 seconds pass . . .
Gary - Ok I thought about it . . . HELL YA!
Daivd - LOL
Gary - Did I take too long . . .
David - LOL

The rest of the negotiations are private and the minutes will not be published.

Even though I was negotiating with 2 other teams I was holding out for the best deal for me. WEW! It was a business desicion (ya right!). Funny thing is when I was racing F-1 back in 2006 I was driving for team Ferrari and won the championship after making the switch from McClaren(won the championship with them too).

Again thanks for the opportunity David and I am really looking forward to working with you and Florian in 2012.

See ya all in India!

CA-RAZY!

Last edited by Gary Madew on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 am

Alonso0506 wrote:

For Alex m8 i didnt do anything wrong you just went out of road you tried it on outside so not my problem when you have to run over curb but you got 2nd so be happy m8.

To me it looked like you knew I had higher top speed so moved to defend late, and took the line at the next corner not even considering that I was behind, which forced me off the track, with the top speed I'd have probably overtaken you... Yeah I got 2nd but the point is you are defending too late on straights
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 am

Quali - 6th i think.

Race - good start (very close between gary, dan and myself). Got up to 4th i think.

First pitstop: alonso in my pit! Second stop: hit by nic d which gave me damage. Third stop: i decided to spin when I decided to pit at the last minute.
Seven pit stops in all: tyre wear was unbelievable. After 2-3 laps front right was on 115-120 temp. Once the temps get that high, they aren't coming down lol. No flexibility in the strategy; I just had to get as much out of the tyres as I could.

Car felt decent as fuel burned off, but the faster times and lines took their toll on the tyres. The harder I pushed the worse it got; by the end of each stint it was like driving a peterson car; lots of oversteer, no rear grip.

Good fight with Dan (his strategy paid off) and watching battles ahead unfold. Need to stop destroying tyres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korea - Testing / Race reports   Korea - Testing / Race reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1