Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports

Go down 
+8
massa94
Gary Madew
F1RacerDan
Alonso0506
arcticwolve100
DFRACING1
Filippos NomiKos
MattLeonowicz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports Empty
PostSubject: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

Spa Francorchamps - Testing / Race reports
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Filippos NomiKos

Filippos NomiKos

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 am

A great circuit ofc.Although a 1.50 lap very long lap and some corners are very tricky.we ll see.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am

SPA!!! SPA!! SPA!!!

you all know by now i love the track, was great to get running today,
was so carried away just driving thaat i aint really start set up yet,

so more tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 am

we all no daves 4 and 0 at spa but with me 1 lap lead at hungary i can feel the jedi force flowing through me and will be goin all out to lead another lap lol

now for testin today i just been doin laps gettin used to track and tyre ware which is interesting can now start on other tests
great track spa
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 am

ok now were in spa wich is a great circuit and its really good to drive.

Started with some basic setup thing but dont change too much as it feels very good already so rest of week will basicly be tyre testing and some fine tuning on other things.

hopefully arjan can get some laps on to be prepared for this weeks race
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 am

My new wheel arrives 2moz, a shiny new g27 Very Happy looking forward to getting back on track and plan on a solid race this week and I'm aiming to be back on the podium!
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 am

dan have i lead more laps than u this season hmmm lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm

The Canucks finnally unloaded their rigs last night and Madew went out and turned a few laps. Initial report is . . . DAM THIS TRACK IS LONG AND FAST!

I sorta remember this track and at least they didnt change the layout like at Siverstone!

Tonight we work on setups but still a little behind there. One thing though I looked at the S/F line and at least we wont be hitting 5th, 6th or 7th gear into the first turn so IM PRAYING theirs no CARNAGE! I am removing the targets from my car so no one can hit the CANUCKER!

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 am

Done some laps today but didnt really do any tyre checks or setup changes just to do some laps and dont loose the rythmn on track.

Arjan got on track aswell and pace is ok so far needs to do some more laps but will be fine for sunday.

I think it wont be as close as in Hungary but still gonna be reasonably close as i see the times from others.

I excpect some surprises this sunday in the Race so lets hope it gets crazy in terms of finishing positions.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:57 am

done some laps today got into the low 53s pritty happy
tyre test now done

not seen me tm on track yet but after potatometer gate he is having a brand new wheel flown in from the factory
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:21 am

Very worried about my pace at the moment. I've got rythmn but no pace to go alongside it. With GP2 tomorrow evening i will focus on that and use f1 practice on sat to hopeuflly really knuckle down and find some pace
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:36 am

done a few more laps today happy enough with pace
52s are close but not do able yet but im close so happy so far
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Last nights test went as expected except for one thing . . . I was riding around with 240 L of fuel on board! Server said 71 laps so I filled it to the rim! I only found out late last night that the race is only 44 laps . . . Well dont have to tell you but that made a HUGE difference and started turning low 52`s & 51`s with full fuel on board.

Made some Q runs too not sure if 49`s flats are ok but I was happy. 47`s I know I can do and maybe squeeze a 56 but it really has to be a perfect lap.

I actually think I`m happy with my set ups and pretty confident I`ll use it during the race. I have two; one with low down force and one with high down force(the high is the one Im leaning towards). Each day i get closer to my old form (WATCH OUT WHEN I DO!).

Team Canada was very happy with testing and more is scheduled tonight as we get closer to race day.

CA-RAZY!

Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 am

SPA SPA SPA!!!

Not much gone on during week, had a set up on monday and i been driving it so much that it jst feels perfect, and everything i change mks it feel shit,

so im sticking to this,
and today and rest of week is about tyres and fuel,

really looking 4ward to this race, highlight of the season

cant wait for the famous 5 to go out
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:41 am

Didnt do any testing today but yesterday i did some runs to check tyres and fuel and i now know what to do. Car feels good not gonna change anything on it as pace is good.

Now my aim is to help Arjan getting more pace and hopefully we can score lots of points to make sure we beat Mclaren as they are our main rivals at the moment in the
Constructors Championship.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 am

ok not many were at prac but ive done my programm i wanted to do. A 5 lap run with race fuel and a 5 lap fun on low fuel and im fine with the car and the pace.

as we done no prac start today i hope everyone will be careful turn1
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 am

done everything i can now for tomorrow not got great pace but aim is to score
as weve lost 2nd to williams ,

no idea where me tm is just hope hes ready enough for sunday
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:27 am

His with mrs Lovett to be,and I wouldn't blame him lol
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 am

SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA!!! ahhhh 1 for each time ive won here, and unbeatun at this track still, 5 poles 5 wins,

Allways feel good here no matter on set up, and been useing same set up since monday,

Quali - Only started it 20mins before quali, and striaght into 46.s so was really happy,
on my pole lap i hocked all by last turn, little lock up, but was good.

Race - My start was great, held the lead, but heading to turn 1, i was watching mirror's and not alonso, i locked up, and both willams past me,
so p3 FUCK lol. also sc middle of lap 1 so couldent fight back.

Sc went in and was straight on arjans ass, and a lap later i past after a great fight,
after i past arjan i was 1.9 behind alonso, and though man, gonna be tough, but he must of made mistake as the end of that lap i was right up with him.
We had another great battle wheel to wheel, but i managed to slip past when he went wide,

once i got lead i was in good control of race. and felt good.
puled out good lead when alonso pitted, i went in next lap so he didnt jump but i actully gained time,

after this sc came out, closed the pack, but i kept lead on restart.
from here on the race was comfy. bulit a gap incase of pits from alonso or a sc, but was all good.

took my time last 2 laps to complete my 5th win. with fl and pole,
get in.

Another solid performance from nick, great points 4 the team, great race from alonso.
dan was unlucky running outa fuel and great drive from corry,

LEE again in the points.

so now again we head into the break before the next round of monza, both drivers will want to impress the home fans,

****PS*****

AFTER THE SEASON BREAK ME AND MATT MIGHT HAVE A SERPRISE FOR YOU ALL HEHE

enjoy the race lads great season so far, lets go and chill.
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:52 am

Really Good weekend really, pace was awful but i just kept the car on the track and finished 9th 2 points in the bag
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 am

Ok Race Report from Spa

Quali was ok but Dave was miles ahead so p2 was my aim and i got it.

Start dave locked up or so and i got jump into p1 with arjan behind dunno where he came from but that was good for team.

After Saftey Car dave got me after 2 laps or so and i just tried to stay with him.

But Dave was too fast so i concentrated on my pace and gap to back.

Shame Arjan crashed dunno what happend to Gary but he retired from a good grid spot.

Also poor dan retired with no fuel.

Guess Mclaren got 2nd back from us in championsip but i could be wrong.

Congrats to Dave for win and andrew for another podium also anyone else who finished.

Anyway 2 weeks now till nxt race and i will try to attack again in monza where i had my first win with Ferrari last season.

So cya all after the break guys.
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 am

Well that was fun lol, starting 18 i knew it would be hard to get decent points but my start was great on the option tyres, i chose options because i thought a sc was a sure thing and i was right, except i was involved in the accident which brang out the sc lol, had a great start but had to get out throttle as lee bogged down infront of me, then turn1 its all a bit of a blur but sum1 spun me in to my team mate and i lost my wing, or sumin like that lol.

Pitted same lap and stuck hard tyres on, after safety car had loads of great battles with martin, matt, nick and dan.

Was reli intense i was slow on straight but quick in th emiddle sector, didnt test a lot cuz didnt find out i could race until thursday?

anyway coming in to pits was about a second behind dan and we both pitted same lap, but i was much later slowing down for line and closed the gap and wen we went over speed limiter line i was up his spoiler, my entrance in to my stop was awesome and i jumped dan was great.

After that it was me vs dan til end of race, i made a few mistakes and he was soo quick in my slip dwn the straights, he passed me just after eu rouge but then i did my best overtake ever. was quite far behind but was on outside and i braked much later than dan and went round outside was like dave vs harv last season? anyway after that got back on form and pulled away from dan to finish 4th!! great result considering quili ban.

Only downside is my pace just aint there at the minute will work hard over break to close gap.

Well done dave, alonso, morgan and nick.

Unlucky dan you deserved 5th mate
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 am

Quali - Nailed the last lap of q3 doing a pb. Good enough for 3rd.

Race - Couldn't see lights, and start was poorish. Somehow survived first corner without damage. Think I was 4th. Arjan made a great start, best i've ever seen.

First stint - Good battle with Dan and Arjan. I was side by side with Arjan on entry to eau rouge, overtook him, Dan came from nowhere and overtook the both of us. Great move. Arjan unfortunately later him my rear; frustrated as it lengthened my pitstop and I lost places, but with hindsight I know these things can happen.

Car felt off pace but then after the 2nd or 3rd safety car, the pace came back. Overtook Dan. Just managed gap until the end. Didn't have much traffic but they did a good job.

Well done to Alonso and Dave, Lee and Max as well. Hard luck to Dan, he has no luck on the last lap!

P.s. lag was bad. My braking point for last chicane seemed to be at a point where I got lag every lap so just had to be extremely cautious. Presumably, the same applied to everyone.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

1st of congrats to dave and his incredable spa sreak 5-0 he owns this track

as for the mclaren team we had a special arangement at the last min for a old school sponser deal,

down to the race had a slow start but that was intended as i new there would be trouble
worked my way up to 8th
there was a few saftecars
car felt great was in 8th coming to the end of race and my tm dan who was doing great ran out of fuel feel gutted for him on last lap,
i got 7th and dan 8th
were now 9 behind williams in cons with renualt closing

week break now and i really need it been struggling with other things so i will use this to try and recharge n rest.

Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 am

After looking at the replay a few things of my early departure yesterday.

First the start was a lot better than previous ones but I still got damaged which needed to be repaired on the 1st lap.

Second I do owe M. OConnor an apology for going off on him on TS assuming he wrecked me out intentionally. Sitting from my cockpit view it sure seemed like it but after I reviewed it I saw it wasn't. But what I did see alarmed me just as well because it was loss of car control coming out of the last turn and not by me . . . I held my line. You lost it out twice in the last turn on lap 5 which gave me front left suspension damage then one more time on lap six and then to top it off your to the right of the rumble strips before the S/F line on the same lap in the same area and instead of waiting till I pass( I was on the track) you get on the gas which turns your front left onto the track which sent me flying left ENDING my race. Now why would you be on the throttle when you hear, see and feel your car is in a bad place and not only that with some one which YOU JUST GOT INTO at least 3 TIMES PRIOR IN THE SAME PLACE? Was that position worth it? Obviously your car was loose off and yet you still drove it over the edge, but this time I was in the way! Dude I don't know you and your probably a nice guy but common man you didn't have to ruin some one else s race! You should have backed off until you got car control! Thats just plain COMMON SENSE! Get your shit together then make another attempt at passing me! I know for sure I wasn't going to win but I for sure had a top 5 and maybe a top 3 car.

For the most part most of this could have been avoided but not to even say SORRY! That to me is just plain RUDE. Racing hard side by side I luv but man, HOLD YOUR LINES! Another race taken out by nonsense. I see so much potential here but man . . .

How many people here use wheels(G25 here)? The reason why I ask is think about it for a minute. Side by side not using a wheel means its either HARD LEFT or RIGHT, not like a wheel where you have degrees to play with. Maybe thats what caused our incident?

Sorry to come off like a complainer but guess ive been spoiled at ESRL cause its been a while since Ive had to go through this again!

CA-RAZY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports   Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Spa Francorchamps - Testing/Race Reports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next