Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silverstone - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+10
jayzeewood
Ari_Zijlstra
arcticwolve100
matt-e-g-2010
ajbrown
QuickNick
Alonso0506
F1RacerDan
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   Empty
PostSubject: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   295_ff72rphvtc
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am

So here we are at silverstone, home gp for many of us, for a lot of motivation going..

DAY 1 - Yesterday was just about gears and wings, and getting a rythem within the track, and what a track it is, so fast and flowing beautifull,

DAY 2 - Today was about the balence and allthough it improved the speed of the car, the car felt shite, so i have got so much to do this week,

So times are good and very consistant, my FL i can do from lap 1 to end of stint, but just gotta make car feel better, as im making to many mistakes.

more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 am

Keep forgetting to do this lol so here goes!

Day 1 and 2 was just bout getting used to track and I'm using my default setup tweaked to this track and what a bloody track it is Wink comfortably in the right times and I know the cars got a lot more in terms of setup so looking forward to Sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:58 am

Ok arrived at silverstone knowing that i have to do something to chatch dave so i give it all to make this as good as i can

Yesterday and today it was all about getting used to track and get into a rythmn and kwoing my braking points.

So far it all went well so im really pleased with my pace early on so watch out dave im commin for you nigga lol.

Im already happy with setup not gonna change lots there till weekend.

More over the week from Team Williams
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 am

Been a while since I did this as well;

Realised why i was spinning in valencia so much. Under acceleration my right thumb was hitting the X button on my ps2 pad (which is assigned to the brake bias). Under acceleration I was hitting that damn button and turning at the same time creating a spin. The same happens when u adjust the engine boost settings.

O and I hate the new silverstone layout though i do like the way you really are punished for going off the track with the bumps and stuff.

Also, turn 1 is not flat out in race trim.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 am

Frustration,,

Car has good pace, but balence is still shite, keep making mistakes,

really need to get it sort by friday so i can concentrate on stratagi, and quali etc..
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:35 am

good start to the week got up to speed fast but today took me 100 laps to find 1 tenth but now i no somethign can give me 2 tenths or more did a few qualli runs thats off no i can go alot faster and confident off that for the race i will drive flat out if i come in top 8 ill be happy
Back to top Go down
matt-e-g-2010

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Again very busy this week so not as much time for practice as i would like, did have a good session the other night though and have used a setup from a previous track. Forcing myself to use No traction control as im sure this is faster- still not faster though or consistant so if it doesnt work soon will go back to low TC then try again next race.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm

pace started ok but has now gone backwards pluss having other things on my mind at mo so havent been able to fully concentrate

bit strange having pit in new position so gettin used to that allso and mclaren pit is at the very end makin pit stops more important for race
hope to pic up some pace if not i will do me best to just finnish
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 am

Ahhh finally got balence in the car, not great but lot better
can now push hard like norm, and confidentce is back

it cost me 0.1 to get it,, but i got that back by changing another part of set up
so all good

all redy for sunday i think.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 am

Done some runs today and compared different setups settings and they worked pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 am

well had an busy week whit working etc. so i only tested offline.
well good grippy car but just missing out the pace but i guess this will come more and more when im getting more laps etc.
looking forward to this weekend as silverstone is one of my favorite circuits.
looking forward aswell to finish this weekend lol.
Got 5 dnf's in a row and im not hapyy at all with it -.-.
well will test as much as i can this weekend and lets hope the best for this weekend
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:25 am

quick update not going to test tonight but tomrrow will do some more feel like i have an ace setup same as my team m8s has 1 to need to try get a lil bit more there isnt no more then 2 tenths more but for qualli think i can get few more will try tommorow if no then okk but even the qualli have now wouldnt be bad
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 am

m8
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:21 am

not looking forward to tomoz race not got the speed for top 10 finnish and cars just not how i want it so jsut gonna play it safe
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:24 am

just did a stint to see if everything works and its was good. Race starts werent that good but had some nice overtaking and crashes with jay lol.
Back to top Go down
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 am

The Media Centre is still missing so I got in the HRT did some laps it was fun. Highlight Racing Dave down old start/finish I done Schumy and put him to the wall.
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 am

Had a great qually and race,upto 5th with 9 laps left and no pitstop to do as I was getting every bit out of my tyres,doing 2 or more laps more than others to reduce my pits and it worked.then me engine went on boost 2.I'm not going to race anymore until engine failures are scraped,ye it's another diminution to the sim,but in all fairness in real life they don't go like they do on this c'mon p.great work by matt to mod the engine to do this.......so I'm out if engine failures isn't done away with
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:43 am

finnieshed 7th

had rubbish start had a good little battle with filipos pitted came out and myself and filipos colided into turn 1 im not sure what happend there but i did not see him and stayed inside
if i was at fault then i am sorry fillipos but i couldent see u had to pit again got lapped to many times just done me best then to carry on
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 am

was having a great battle with nick over 2nd and managed to get on the option tyre with 10 laps to go was hoping to close the gap but engine went. 3rd failure in a row with engine and brake duct at max Shocked
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 am

Quali -

PB upto quali was 31.9 corry beat that in q1, so was expecting p2.
but then every1 was so bloody close in time a few tenths seperate top 9.

into q3 i went out early, and drove the crap out of the car and did my pb by 0.2 and pole get in!!!

Race -

Had a good start kept lead, and was shocked at my speed pulled out 1 sec per lap.

i could carry on but itll be boreing and i dnt wanna sound bigheaded,

did my stops were all perfect, great result from my team m8,

and well done gary great race m8.

so pole fastest lap and win, more important my home gp.

next germany, not letting alonso win there lol
Back to top Go down
mindgap

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:51 am

4th on my 2nd race back well happy with that, had some great battles with nick and arjan, nick and myself touched at one point which i wasnt happy with but thats racing, wd to everyone good stuff, was saving fuel at the end and nick was all over me then booted it on last lap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 am

my report was deleted so ill keep it short, engine went 4th time in 4 races this season engines are crap on this mod people test too much to put up with this crap, agree with cosie in real life theres hardly ever engine failures hopefully something is done about it by next week because i reli slowed my downshifts down and it still went bang.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 am

Ok starting with Q1

i was doin long runs and times looked good still on primes and 8laps of fuel so thaught maybe low 32s in q3 but i had a incident with dave wich i dont wanna talk further about but rules are rules i think.

Anyway q2 and q3 were really bad as i didnt get 1 good lap together was fastest in sector 1 by nearly 0.2 but lost in mid and last sector.

Well Start i was playing safe and rib touched me and i got on grass and was down to 8th. then i got on grass somewhere and down to p13 so not good start to race.

Then follwed Cosie till my 1st pit stop. came out infront of corry i guess who overtook me some laps later.

Was batteling with dan,andrew and corry for rest of race for podiums.

Sorry for all with engine failures and other dnf`s.

Congrats for Dave home win is something special i think so congrats for that. Andrew aswell no mistakes and p2. Jay p4 stayed out of trouble as well as nick,haz etc...

Onto Nürburgring and i want to give my homecrowd something to cheer about so cya in
Germany fellas.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 am

Quali - first run on low fuel was late in q1. Surprised with pace. 4th.

Race - battle with dan was great, managed to get past but shame he had late problems. Alonso's strategy was good, as was his pace but late mistake gave me breathing room. I was pushing like crazy until Dan retired; towards the end i had to manage tyres, engine and fuel. I was battling alot and my tyre wear was just about on target; if i pitted any earlier at any point in race i would have ran out of tyre at the end.

Hard luck to cosie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone - Testing / Race reports    Silverstone - Testing / Race reports   Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next