Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budapest - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+10
massa94
joaopitaes
jayzeewood
Alonso0506
Gary Madew
Cosie
ajbrown
arcticwolve100
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Budapest - Testing / Race reports   Empty
PostSubject: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:55 am

Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 am

so we arrive at budapest, a track i love, and a track ferrari go well at.

Im expecting this to be 1 of the closest races of the season and a slightly mixed grid, as there is only 1 way to go with set up, and looking at the times so far it looks that way.

As for myself well day 1 as norm just gears and wings, whilst getting a flow with the track,
car isnt that bad but still a lot can be done,
Primes dont seem to be lasting long here, so stratagi is important,

lot of work to do, more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 am

well the mclaren team arrive at hungary after a disastrouse german gp
hoping to get back into the think end of the racing
today i have just been running laps to get used to track conditions and evaluate tre degridation
which isnt lookin good so as the ferrari team said stratagies going to be so important and a sc could change everything here
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:07 am

well we arrive at budapest after a dissapointing but proggesive german grand prix pace was really good there and so now were here expected a sruggle and thats what i have got and expect the same for the next 3 so need to try and pick up maximum points we can achive but hopefully the lovly matt leonowicz is back this race
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

First practice session went better than expected,up to the last gp I Han no confidence in the car
But now I have it back,ain't a clue how or why.
Car feels good just need to work on 3 areas the rest is ok,

Off topic.I predict alonso will win this one
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 pm

heads up to ya'll

im not at home for the next week, so the points wont be updated till next monday.

Im back at uni for the weekend so i have strong internet so i might try to race on a pad. i will be back home by spa

just heads up why nothings been updated.
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 am

Team Canada has arrived in Hungary! First thing off the trailers was CANADIAN BEER EH!

Even though I raced this track a few years back I have no clue about the layout. Took the car out and turned around 20 laps until I figured out the layout. LUV THIS TYPE OF TRACK! Down force & balance is key I see already. Very technical track with lots of quick tight turns. More testing tonight and hopefully we get the set up down.

I also have a prediction . . . but ill tell after the race!

OH CANADA!

CA-RAZY!

Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

Day 2 -

"car has hit the sweet spot" After 2nd day i dont think ive had the car feel as good as it does now, with this mod,
The amount i can push and the confidence i have in turns is great
It reminds me of the set up i had at spain season 3, when i won from 23rd on the grid,
And i still think i can get maybe 0.3 out of the car, its also been my most consistant stint this early in the week for a long time, the biggest gap from my 1st lap to my last lap was 0.237

Now i have built a good gap in the title, i can start to play safe so if im in any battle i have no reason to attack and risk being in a incident with any1, but obvo i will still go for the win,

Haz is looking shit hot here, and prob gonna be main rival come sunday,
but target is alonso.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 am

1st of dave u won from 23rd on the grid season 3 , if only there was a vid lol
anyway
day 2 car is ok did me pb but feels alittle unpredictable in a few corners but otherwise lik way car feels at the mo
see wot happens for the rest of wek i feel car has more speed but i have no idea how to tap into it with my shit set up knoledge
hopefully my teamm8 will be on soon
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:51 am

you made a vid and so did i mate.
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:20 am

can the grass get any greener dave lol
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 am

OK didnt had much time today but i got some improvements on the car setup wich make me slightly faster but feeling so much better wich means i can attack more wich i have to if i start in row 2,3 or 4 as i know some will be lot quicker in quali.

Anyway will check tyres over the week but already saw most i wanted on my runs so far.

More over the week.
Back to top Go down
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 am

um We are lost still in Chezch Republic having fun should be at the track tomorrow WE hope as some one took the car out for a spin to impress the girls and now I have to work to fix it oh well never mind I will use rFactor to sim the practice but hope to see you all at the race
Back to top Go down
joaopitaes

joaopitaes

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Ive a lot work to do yet to find right setup, ive to pratice very hard to improve my times!
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:43 am

okk so budapest day 3 i didnt expect to be striong here but i shocked myself pace is really good no there is mor time but i dont think i will be daves rival in the race but i dont think im far off morgan and alonso atm
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:48 am

Ok more tyre testing today and it was good to see im right with andrew here but haz is definatly quicker than i am so he will be a podium contender for sure.

As far as i go pace i still at the same level but im able to get it lap 1 wich is important as i struggeld to get pace early on in the stint in the last 3 or 4 races.

I excpect it to be the closest Grand Prix of the season so that means quali will be massivly important.
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm

right so today lot off time alot off testing to improve the all round profile off the car in its self and try get a bit more pace over all but first i must get a triple decker tuna mayo sarnie!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm

More testing last night but I do have a few questions . . .

1) Could somebody or one of the admins please put up average race times because all I really see is people hot lapping it. For a newbie it could be a little frustrating to see youre way off pace. Although I turned some pretty good laps(for me anyways) last night Im still 5 seconds off of the pace. Now Im really really hoping those times are Q laps otherwise . . . you know where Im going with this.

2) Im not asking for handouts but I am out dated with making set ups, its been a long time since I was pretty good at it in F-1. I would rather sit down with some and go over the set ups rather than just sending them. I know from expereince that most set ups are personnel and what works for you most likely will not work for others and thats not a bad thing. Everyone has a different driving style and before I knew how to make set ups I would(and still do) tweak it to my likings.

Otherwise Im really loving this mod!

I have a few people interested in the league and want to test with me. A few Auzzzies and some Americans. They should be joining the forums in the next few days.

I will be on after work tonight tired or not, I really need to put in some fuel runs.

Oh before I forget something I noticed during practice. While testing tire runs when I come into the pits my fuel is taken out and I am only left with less than a lap of fuel. I am a stickler for practicing fuel and tires runs. For me this is crucial cause I need to see how the car drives with less fuel on board so I can make adjustments to the set up.

Thats it! At least for now . . .

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:05 am

Regarding to the fuel thing, go to your userdata folder and select your profile. Find the .plr file and open and ctrl+f to search - Relative Fuel Strategy, when you found it change it from 0 to 1. I think anyway.

Links to hotlaps : http://109.70.148.181:2508/rFactorHotlaps?max=100

You can track fastest lap times but i think a good race pace (middle of the pack) should be a 1:23/24
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 am

Gary regarding the hotlaps
Most of the time the top 10 runners do race fuel mon - fri
Then people start on quali.
Also don't let times get you down because some people do race sim
Ie- haz laps were on his 2nd stint. So after 1st pit in race.

If your on team speak tonight I'll help you out with set up
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 am

daves right gary everyone does diff things so pay no attention to lap times ,
i allways run full tanks but some dont
theres something in the plr that changes that fuel thing gary its on forrum some where in mod tips
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:04 am

yehp i can confirm the time i did was agd 20 25 laps in
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 am

well done a good afternoon stint set my pb and was happy
evening testin i was way of my afternoon times which was frustrting
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:22 am

well did 45 laps dissapointed as i wanted to do more but things come up but still i no were there is a couple tenths something to look to at the end off wek not taking any risks atm
Back to top Go down
joaopitaes

joaopitaes

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:31 pm

i'm very glad to see myself in hockeneim hotlap list.I will not enter to budapest hotlap list in fact, becouse i cant find a nice setup, but i will still training for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next