Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports

Go down 
+5
arcticwolve100
Ari_Zijlstra
F1RacerDan
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports Empty
PostSubject: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 am

Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports Barcelona-circuit-Thursday-press-conference_2598574
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 am

Net came on so jumped straight on server, first few laps were fun.
Then started to adjust setup and soon as I posted lap my net went again lol,

So finished off today's testing offline improved a lot. Car is handling well and great underbreaking, so many many things I can do to car,
And looking at hotlaps my latest time would leave me comfy at top

Annoying not seeing what ppl are doing as haz and matt.l look fast,
Anyway will continue doing my own thing loving the challenge great fun.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Working 50 hours plus this week so got no time to test at all! May take a week out as will be pointless trying to race in the wet when Iv not tested.
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

tested a few laps to get used to the wet track and i must say its an challange to keep the car on the track but its great fun.
my pace isnt that good but im enjoying it and try to get an good stable setup,i guess there will be an alot of crashes.
But happy so far this week, will take an littil break now Will head back to testing on thursday.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

done some testin in wet
not managed a full stint yet not keen on wet but its a challenge got to be carefull as its playing my shoulder up terrible for some reason.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 am

Day 3 -

Spent last 2 days concentrateing on making these tyres last longer [performance wise] as drop off is quite big.

Looke like i have done this, lthough i still have a drop off its nowhere ner as big as before,

Have improved the balenence of the car, its so nice to drive with confidence now,
and its improved time aswell although i havent done it, on my 2 final runs i was up and drop it once at harpin and final chicane.

feeling good for this week,
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:31 am

Ok arriving at Barcelona this week and it looks like it will stay wet till the race.

I started with some runs to check setup (wings,gear ratio etc...)

Im really happy with the performance so far but the times drop so fast so its gonna be very interresting in terms of strategy in the race.

As its very difficult to drive i excpect a lot of Saftey Cars but hopefully we can capitalize from that.
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 am

Wow, nice for a change from dry tracks. Trying a few things but i cannot do more than 5 laps without crashing. This race will be incident packed guarenteed, not many to finish i think. What is concerning is how no matter what you do as soon as you touch the grass / gravel its game over
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 am

Well i saw that only a few were on tonight and i have to say
i dont like wet race aswell but honestly i dont understand
why you all cry cause its wet. I mean its same for all so
there aint any disadvantage. With a couple of laps practice
you wont crash and get used to the track.

Its nothing against anyone here to clear that lol
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 am

people no show was a disapointment but to be expected but dont moan if your slow at the track
On to finnal prac
everything went as expected tbh
happy with car and just hopin to stay on track and finnish this race as i think finnishing will be very hard here

alex wasent able to turn up in sister mclaren

dave had things on to so expect them to be up there tomorrow

actually lookin forward to race after watchin jb win in canada god knows how many times this week i feel mentally prepared lol

Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am

Had no net sorry lads, shame bout low numbers ah well missing out won't they.
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Toro Rosso is running to fix Jimi Karras steering wheel after Friday testing. A serious problem but we hope for a solution in a few hours until the start of the race.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 am

Another front row, decent. Harv and Alonso got me but I have to say it was the most stupidest defensive driving I've ever seen from Alonso, moving in the braking zones, moving at the last minute and turning in without caring where the other car was, anyway finally got past albeit with a fucked rear wing. Noticed new tyres were alot faster so I pitted at the end to try catch harv but he stayed out. Might have caught him if I didn't pit but I thought the lead was possible if i pitted but Dave cleared Harv too fast.
Anyway, no idea what Dave was doing under the safety car, he went in the pit lane and then decided to cut right back onto track, nearly taking Harv out - surely that isn't allowed but we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

Race Report:

Well Qualifying was ok but nothing special 1 second down on Dave is a disaster for me.

Race start was not good may past alex but he was faster than so just a matter of time till he past me. Got some more battles with him but i didnt think i did anything unfair. If i did something wrong i want The Race control to tell me.

Had a nice battle with Dan and i have to say he did great for that limited testing.

After my last pitstop my car was undriveable and it is a miracle that i stayed on track till end.

Now that was a very poor race by myself and the top3 were much faster than i was so im really dont know what the problem is. hopefully i get some better results over the nxt races.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:17 am

well wasent a good race spent most of it on me own gained places through people disconecting and crashin out
but they say to you have to cross the line to finnish
so not to badd

roll on monaco
new helmet for there yay
just hope i can improve as i just lose time hand over fist
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:27 am

Quali - Only started b4 q1, was on pace,

q3 1st lap hocked up right away got pole,

RACE -

Start was ok, kept lead into turn 1,

Pulled out a 3sec gap, b4 sc came out,
after sc went in could not get heat in tyres, harv was all ova me,

Another sc came out and was close to a pit window, i was gonna go in pits, and decided at last min not to and went ova curb,,
at the time i did it this wasnt a rule of ours and didnt think i was doing anything wrong, but looking at it after it was dangerous, and totaly non prafessional,
i recived a reprimand for this which i totaly deserve, and a rule will be added for futer races,
again im sorry for this and if it effected you harv..

Anywa sc went in again
Decided to switch from 1 to a 2 stopper,

After 1st stop had to pass a few ppl, and mad my way to 2nd and catching harv.
then he pitted for his 1 stop,
i needed the gap to stay around 5secs when i pit to make this work, which i did,

and after my 2nd stop i closed on harv and passed,
this was made easyer by a backmaker hitting harv off.

anyway after i got p1 i lifted off not to risk engine

and cross the line to be the 1st driver this season to win from pole. although i think if harv wasnt hit, it would of been lot harder..

pulled out good gap on alex in title race.
and another ferrari 1-2

onto monaco,
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 am

very satisfied from myself. one day practice 4 hours before the race due to problems in my steering wheel and i got some good pace. i had a good start, some early brakes for the t1 afraid some accident and someone hit me from behind. damage to my rear wing from the first corner and i lost the balance i had.
so fighting all the race with this i raced well keeping my pace and after my 2nd pitstop i was hoping for the 7th as Matt was closing me slow but he was closing 20 laps before the checkered flag. then i made a mistake cause i lost my concentration and i was looking the people at the grandstands lol. lost my brakes at t7 and i said to myself "that it, race end". but i lost only my front wing and with this the 7th position too. i was 8th and after the pitstop to fix the damage it seemed that i would finished there cause Lee was enough back, so i protect my place and safe mode to the finish for the 13 laps more to the end but the internet had another opinion. lost connection and all the work i done went gone.
very disappointed from the way my race ended. i hope to calm down cause right now i dont know if i'll race again.
well done and congrats to all who participate, cause the race was awesome, at least for any who finished with the normal way....
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 am

sorry for not coming guys Sad, had some big exams partys the last few day, from wednesday till saturday 24/7 partying goddammit havent be that bad since... actualy never lol...
And slept all weekend at my girl friends place Embarassed so didnt had time to even test or something. so sorry guys but i will be back for monaco and wil strike back Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports   Barcelona - Testing/Race Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1