Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singapore - Testing/Race Report

Go down 
+3
Alonso0506
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Singapore - Testing/Race Report Empty
PostSubject: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Singapore - Testing / Race reports
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:20 am

Love the track good grip,
car feels good but long way to go,

dont need to take any risks
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:42 am

ok first off all i think the track is nice but the pace is no way near real as were are doin about 10secs faster than they did in race.

anyway started today with prac and its great car feels quite good but its so much fun and for me its like i wanna push each lap more and more and wanna go faster as i not got anything out of the car yet still lots of room to improve as i didnt do really good laps but also some setup tuning and it should be more stable and mabye bit quicker.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 am

today we come to singapore
best version of singapore i think weve had so 1st of well done matt for finding it

today just been doin laps and just pushing car abit more
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am

ok more laps today cant get enough of it its just so much fun to drive here.

done some changes and car feels great just didnt get the lap time but could be a 37s for sure.

tyres feel quite good and pace is consistent.

now have to wait till arjan gets on track wich hopefully will be soon.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:27 am

Done some more laps today
got a few pointers on what i was doing wrong and then improved my time by over a second
feel i can get into the 41s as i was well up a few ocasions but messed up.
happy at the mo
not my fav track but this version is good
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 am

Havent done one of these mid week reports for a while.

Did a few laps. Great, but tough circuit. Decent version as well.

A few changes helped alot. Only on last run did the car feel driveable. Contrary to the others, I feel low grip, particularly offline, but that's what I like. Many corners seem inter-related, in that mistake in one corner has a knock on effect into the corners following.

Need to work on:
too much understeer for my liking, and watch for tyre wear.
better driving.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:47 am

testing today improved to a 1 41 which i felt i could do yesterday
so pritty happy
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:24 am

Been a starnge week regarding set up which is why i havent done many reports,

Set up is the eact same as i had monday, and no matter what i changed it went slower, hmmm

Anyway i though get on with it, learn the trak better and times came dwn bit by bit,

tonight i got my PB jst be changing the entrance to 1 turn,

all looks good 4 tomorrow, but with the title so close.. i cant and WONT be taking no risks,

good luck lads
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:45 am

pb today done all i can
track is a very difficult 1 specially the bit before goin under the grandstand
hope to finnish and not lose to many wheels n wings
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am

Well done some last stints to test everything and it went like plan.

Now we gonna have more than 4 pitstops for sure if you dont have to pit for repair or so so tyre degredation is huge problem.

Anyway i try to beat dave tomorrow but i need more than a miracle to make this happen and keep the championship dream alive lol.
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:27 am

DFRACING1 wrote:
tonight i got my PB jst be changing the entrance to 1 turn,

May have to mention the cutting of T1 to Race Control me thinks Very Happy

Really enjoying the track for half a dozen laps or so, cant believe that Im gonna finish the race as I just dont have the concentration factor at the moment.
What frustrates me is the F1 Gods just wont allow me to have maximum fun here. They are making me chose between "turn in" and "front end grip", thats like asking you to chose your favorite kid.

Never raced here before so still learning the tracks little surprises but enjoying the karting feel.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:47 am

Did a bit of testing at the start of the week, but as i moved back to uni today i had to pack away my wheel a few days ago, but should be able to make the race tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 am

Qualified 4th equaling my best ever.

Good start and held my 4th for first few laps. Cars ahead started pitting and ended up 2nd on my primes going long. Lap 11 I think it was this happened.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1KqlbeUZc

I know shit happens but his looked and felt deliberate. Hope im wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 am

Got stuck in traffic at the start, hard to overtake, on one of the restarts I expected dave to go full throttle but he backed off and i tapped him, my fault shoulda kept an eye on the sc coming into the pits. At the end Morgan/Alonso pitted and i thought i could manage the tyres to the end but all of a sudden they went and i couldnt even turn, pitted for softs and came out 5th.
Think without all of the SC's I'd have been 4th atleast but 5th from the back is a good result
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:02 am

well was havin fun with cunnie we was together all race made so many pitstops
steerin dident feel right n under sc lost concentration went to deep hit wall lost wheels race over if i wernt so board with that track id be anoyed
wernt gonna score big anyway
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:14 am

jesus what a long race.

Quali -

Only started it in q1, so had no idea what to expect, but pace looked good from lap1.

in q3 put ow fuel on and had a solid pole.

RACE -

Start was perfect just like in prac and kept lead,
lap 2 we had sc, on restart was still 1st

we had number of sc's but i kept lead in all.
on the 7 th or 8th sc, i was bking pack up to get good start, and started to go,, on the last turn my tyres were 60, and low wings so needed to lift, this caused alex to hit me, and sent me into the wall, with no real wheel.

took me 20seconds get cross the road and pit, and lucky 4 me they fixed it after another 30seconds..

as i exit pits sc was out again, so was able to catch bk of pack,
on restart i got 2 cars, and team m8 let me go no trouble..
and to my amazement, i was p5 3laps later..

alonso and morgan pitted, i stayed out like alex, and alex let me past exit of turn 3 for the hit.

when i pitted i came out right behind alonso, and we got into a battle,
few turns later after a few love bumps here and there, i got past, and i went straight onto TS to see if it was a leagall move,
race control said "yes" so i carried on..

2laps later morgan pitted, so i stayed out, and managed to jump him.
back into the lead, shit,,,

so after 1hr 50mins, 13 sc ? lol 3 wheels, 6 pits, i won, how i will neva know.

massive boost in title race.

Wd to morgan [driver of the day]
alonso 3rd. and solid drive from nick in p4, stuggaling with pace all week,

onto suzuka,
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 am

PS

people are slagging off max for why he came out,, everytime he came out he did it for a reason and did a great job,

its extreamly hard doing sc and ot of pressure, i think max did brilliant,
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 am

That race has knackered me. Despite it being relatively uneventful for me, it was one of my best races.

Quali - first runs on low fuel in q1, and car immediately felt great. Qualified 3rd.

Race - sluggish start but braked late into turn 1 to recover my position. Turn 4 I cut inside Alonso; that would prove decisive in my race.

Tyre wear was very high. I made the first stint go as long as I could, as I knew that would help out later in the race.

There were several safety cars; I think Max got it spot on. The safety cars didn't exactly help me build a margin given my tyre situation! But, I think every one was justified.

Battled with Alonso the entire race, usually within 0.5-3 seconds. The last stint I was 3rd with a bit more breathing space after a slow pitstop for Alonso. I pushed the car as hard as i've ever done before, as Alex had very little tyre left.

2nd in the end. I don't know where pace came from because in practice I was about 3/4 of a second off Alonso, but I did do my usual Trulli train antics.

Congrats to Dave; hard luck to Alonso, Alex and Rib; well done to Max as well, and Gary did a decent race if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:10 pm

OK first off all i wanna say im sorry to max i guess it was just in the heat of the race my emotions got me and i was quite frustrated bout how race ended and etc.

However onto my race report

Quali:

Q1 it was first time i got out with low fuel and car felt strange and bad but times were ok.

Q2 some heavy changes on setup and car felt really good and enabled me to push but still i ran primes and some fuel.

Q3 i had options and fuel for 1 quick lap and i didnt get a good time on first run and on second i was only 0.3 down on dave in 2nd sector and in last i was equali to him but i made error and went back to pits. Got out again and pushed like hell but 1 second too late and i couldnt improve on my time anyway P2 again.

Race:

Start was ok stayed behind dave but i made some last second changes to setup wich should prove good for later stages of race but bad for begin.

Got overtaken by Andrew and had nicholas behind.

Then i felt like we had 3000 Saftey Cars wich on one hand helped cause it kept field together but on other hand just when i needed some laps cause of tyre advantage sc came out and ruined it.

Anyway pit stops were bad as i didnt set damage repair off so pit stops tool bout 12 secs. Crying or Very sad

At end even the podium looked unlikly as alex didnt pit but his tyres went off last 3 laps so i could catch him 2 laps before end.

So i think a win was possible with all these sc`s.

now dave has won again and champ looks to be over. i still will fight as longs as its mathematicly possible but looks unlikly.

Onto Suzuka great track hopefully we can have a good race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singapore - Testing/Race Report   Singapore - Testing/Race Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Singapore - Testing/Race Report
Page 1 of 1