Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budapest - Testing / Race reports

Go down 
+10
massa94
joaopitaes
jayzeewood
Alonso0506
Gary Madew
Cosie
ajbrown
arcticwolve100
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm

u will cause everyone gets in m8
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks for your replies peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps.

After hours of testing(maybe 30 minutes) I found some more speed on the track last night. But I found the main reason why . . . ready for this . . . TRACTION CONTROL! Thats right didnt know you were able to use it! Thats a whole new puppy now guys as now I can not only attack a turn on entrence but get on it a lot sooner than ive been doing. Only prob is you really wear out the tires quicker.

I thought F-1 threw away TC a few years back. Not that im complaining! Ill do what I used to do, let the tires build up heat and pressure then turn it off to get better gaz milage and less tire wear.

So I hit a low 125 last night and I know I can for sure hit a low 24 not sure about the 22`s but at least now Im in the ball park.

ITS FRIDAY BABY!

See ya 2nite

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:56 am

after an verry busy week i had finaly time to do some testing.
and im suprised how fast i was on the pace Smile.
After 14 laps im doing stable high 1.23s and the cars feels verry good.
So more testing to come tommorow and hope to find that bit extra pace to be up with the front runners as the field is pretty close together, Qualy will be verry important here and if i look to this season i mad big progress in my banzaai laps in qualyfine so Smile its looks pretty good hope i can finish here and score some big points for the williams team Smile.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 am

With my car feeling pretty solid, the last 2 day was about getting my team mate up the sharp end.
And last 2 day we have been working very well together, nick is now much more comfortable in the car, and times have improved and more consistant.

ferrari looking good for a strong weekend
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 am

racing on a pad this week, say hi when you lap me
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:26 am

ok as always i was checking race setup but it felt so strange today i was not near my pace i had over the week.

anyway at race starts i was getting off the line so damn slow i cant belive it need to change something to solve that.

looking forward to race and hopefully my teammate can make it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 am

Practice went good for ferrari, both cars showed good pace for tomorrow,
we wernt doing race, we were concentrateing on car mid race and end of race, and confident as race goes on we will get stronger,

starts were good for both cars, to many people taking stupid lunges down turn 1,

but hey ho good luck tomorrow lads,
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 am

considering had no time to test this week pace aint to shabby, bout a second of dave but hopefully can fight for podium ish positions
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 am

fuckingw ank bassicaly 1 thing or anuva this season fks me up and again it has had pace for podium and i no i did made a mistake had to pit for it way behind and flying as fast as i could was cacthing bk up towards 8th 7th 6th 5th 4th then what happens some freek fking accidnet that decided to put me underground BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT IT IS
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:00 am

WOOOOWW what a race, dont wana complain too much cuz i finished in a decent points finish but should of been more.

Quili: didnt have the pace but then q3 found a lot of time and without mistake on my lap woulda been very close to alonso.

Race: Start was great up the inside of alonso but he used the cut back and i basically never saw him again lol did not have the pace today will work harder for spa. anyway for first 15 laps me and nick wer setting identical laps basically he was sooo quick awesome fight mate. we pitted same time and he had a looong stop so i thought 3rd was mine, then coming up to slow chicane loucus or watever his name is decides to stop on the racing line, obv letting me by but he was so close to corner i thought he was going to wait but no BAAAM couldnt avoid him front wing gone, crawling back around and 2nd to last again a lotus is just stopped on the racing line i think or just of it with no front wing i understered in to him sorry but couldnt avoid u, then going in to pits loucus is once again stopped on the racing line going in to the pits, actually STOPPED!! WTF man!

Anyway i think on 2nd incident wen i spun back around i caused an accident not completely sure have to watch lee's highlights sorry to anyone if i dit do sumin to you.

Then my fav bit of the race after loads of sc etc im battling lee for the lead haha awesome mate u defended so well on the breaks for half a lap!!

Then i get a message about a freekin drive through for pitting under SC well im sorry but i dont care if the SC is out if i have no front wing and damaged suspension thanks to a backmarker i am pitting i still think this rule is wank not in real life so why on here?

anyway drove for my life to get 4th reli happy to finaloly finish shame about pace but ill be back o form at SPAAAA CYAAAAAAA

Well done dave and alonso and morgan, oh yeah and nick lol
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 am

Quali - Was confortable with my pace, but i new alonso and corry had something in the bag,
but lucky i pulled my lap together to get pole,

Race - Great start p1 at turn 1, and kept it lap 1, when sc was deployed.
sc went in and less then 1 lap later sc was out again,

sc in, pulled out good gap, and kep lead, had a good gap after 2nd stop, when again sc was deployed

when pits open i had to put tyres were dead and came out umm p6 i think,
past dan on restart, and lee WHO LEAD A LAP GET IN LEE,
then caught upto morgan who was p1, after corrys DT

was all over morgan but no way past, so was gonna wait for him to pit,
but turn 2 i got completely serprised by the breaking zone as i was just stareing at morgans car, ended up breaking to l8 and tap his back wheel,
sorry if this effected your car, or pissed up your race, im quite happy to take a q3 ban for this in spa if i have to,

anyway this also let alonso past, and i had a good run on him upto turn 4.
i was on the outside,
i know i cant pass there on the outside but the plan was to stay on outside, then on the exit cut back in, and do him on the overlap,
but this plan was ruin on the breaking zone when i was beside alonso he decided to take back the line when i was there leaving me off the track and damage to the car. (heidfeld / beumi style in nurb)

few laps later morgan pitted and alonso did a DT, so was back in lead.

pitted lap 63 same as alonso there was noway i was gonna save tyres to the end as i been hard on them all week,
so with only a 14second gap on alonso and 1 more pit to make, i had to give it everything, was pushing as hard as i could sideways thogh turn 4 3 times doing powerslide,
pitted with 4 lap left, and got back out in the lead, GET IN

a great battle alonso mate well done, and morgan,
another strong race by my team m8, which could of been better if not 4 th pile up,

WE HEAD TO SPA!!!!! WOOHOOO best track in the world here we come,

cyas nxt week lads
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 am

OK First Race with Arjan who just came in time.

Now Quali was doin long runs with lots of fuel and primes so was quite happy with pace

Q3 i smashed on options and low fuel and was doin good times just not a perfect lap wich was nessecary to get Pole.

Now start was good but i needed to stay behind dave no one allowed to overtake and i defened quite hard on corry but ok i guess lol.

Anyway i pushed like hell all Race long to stay with Dave and think i did quite good. Now after lots of sc`s i had the incident with dave but i felt i was in the right and Dave had no chance outside there tbh.

Then i get Drive Trough for this thx for robbing me of chance for the victory.

After drive trough i did the best,fastest,most consistent laps i ever did to get gap to andrew and maybe but with less chance catch dave.

Now after last pit stop i saved tyres and braught another 2nd place home.

Also nice Arjan finally finishing p7 but thats better than nothing.

Also well done to all who finished and im sorry to all who crashed or dnf.

Heading to Spa i know i need a miracle again to beat dave but chances look bad.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 am

Quali - 5th i think. cosie gave me a hand, and went 0.5 quicker in q3.

Race - top 6 stayed in their positions. It was all rather tidy. Battling Haz and Nic D in first stint until I pitted. Second stint, some dude stopped dead on the racing line. He was right ahead of me when he decided to stop for a kit kat, but avoided him. Corry did a Hamilton vs di Riesta move and Cosie unfortunately came off worse; he was quick all week so annoyed he lost out.

I pitted under safety car, and sort of worked out. I ended up leading a much faster duo of Dave and Florian for a stint. Dave hit me, but these things happen when racing close. Alonso got a penalty (it will probably be appealed).

Nursed tyres at the end and none left by the end. Good battles with nic d mainly, and defending from dave and haz.

A side note, race control does an excellent and more importantly selfless job every weekend. They know more than the drivers, as they can replay stuff so they should be allowed to take their time with decisions, and not allow ts drivers to have too much influence about what they should look at or do (though its natural given the whole point of ts!)

Just my opinions folks but im not infallible

p.s. that race knackered me
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 am

Agree with nick ^ regarding the sc front, we all scream and shout down the line look at this look at that, do this and do that, lot of pressure,
need to cut it down a bit let the sc do his own thing,
im guilty in that too, and not really fair on him
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:18 am

okk well proper race report now iv called down

qualli p6

bitterly dissapointed as i no i should have gone at least 4 tenths faster then what i diod qualli not a strong point for me atm

race-

started off like morgan said top 7 got to t1 in there positions was hard becus some 1 nocked marker board over in t1 but im s2 wfast and got toback off morgan and had a couple off oppertunitys but didnt want to eb stupid then me and morgan pitted tottaly missed pts lost 3 secs come bk out took me few laps then bang was on it got bk to morgan then sc and i wsnt going to pit cus matt had a broke wing and he needed more thn me and matt was like pit we can pile up so was like okk l;ast min smashed in pits and smash in to wall was so embaressed so let matt in fornt he pitted ii piited lost 16 secs was pushing like fk and dgaining on 4th downwards like good nows pushing out off the limits and as i was coming up to 4th 6th 5th my car dissapered race over but next arce ill be determined to hit back as i felt i had pace to get top 3 today spa wontr be very kind to redbull but i saiod that at hungary and we was competitive so ill hope we can be to end the break ona high anyway wd top dave flo morgan and corry
Back to top Go down
joaopitaes

joaopitaes

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 am

ive to sorry because ive cause an accident.Thats my fault, my computer gives me an error and its out of the game, when i came back to the game ive already cause that accident.i really sorry.sorry to people that ive harmed.
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Not a good day of racing to say the least. 3 races and 3 times Ive been wrecked in TURN 1 on the starts! This is unacceptable! I see guys bum rushing turn one and making UNREAL PASSES TO THE INSIDE. This is not how to drive into turn 1! YOU CANNOT WIN ON LAP 1 PEEEPS! No one has ever won on lap one not to mention in turn 1.

I know I'm new here and I do not have allies or friends on the track but man . . . something needs to be done with the starts and turn 1, and this needs to be done ASAP. I will no put in lap after lap during the week only to be put out of contention 200 meters into a race. I know its a game but I take pride in driving and so should you all.

I will give this league one more race but if this happens again I will not race here anymore. I'm sorry if I'm harsh but like I said at the start I am looking for a league that has structure and holds some type of standards. I also know its not perfect and it will never be but consistency is a policy I always strive on with the leagues Ive run and own.

I think you guyz are fun and would like to continue to race here but lets get a hold of these starts plz. Also I'm just startin to understand your ENGLISH so lets work on this plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Also forgot . . . Lost my power thats why I left. We had this pretty big storm roll through and the lights flickered I spun cause I lost concentration then I tried like hell getting to the pits and just as I got to my pit stall POOOOF . . . the lights went out.

CA-RAZY!
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 pm

well gary i didnt see your incident but at midfield/back its always close so there will always be small incidents so just relax and continue as you are a good clean racer from what i see so far and Gary thats not a bad thing its a good THING!!! hahaha lol
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Gary mate not being rude but you been here 5 mins mate and your ordering us around to do this and that.
We've been doing this for 7 seasons. Accidents happen at the start especially mid/ back of grid
Starts are the main prob we have been working on for a while and hard to work out a fix as it's racing.
Even if you go to another league you think your not going to be hit ? No1 or nowhere is perfect and as I recall you made contact in silverstone at the start.

We have practice starts on Saturday which we encouage people to do and take serious.

For now people need to chill and let admins do our thing.

Ps the rule for letting people race will be stronger now. As the lotus driver and loucS was bloody ridiculous last night.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 am

Wow wot an incredible race loved it
start was crazy i was carefull as normal but a torrorosso came flyin into me i later found out some one hit him so no biggy,
anyway had good pace was shadowing haz we was catching people then there was an allmighty crash with lotus and lotus renault ferrari and mercedes
elevated me to 4th
sc came out top guys pitted
haz 1st me second then haz attempted a pit and crashed into wall lol finnyest thing ever ,
now omg i was leadin the race LEE MILLER U ARE LEADING THE HUNGARIAN GP
tyres was goin of
on restart hi held corry of for abit but he got me eventually and so did top guys had to pit cost me loads
then i was battlin redbulls team orders from redbull cost me lol haz got 3 sec lead
got matt hounded down haz
and strangest thing iver ever seen since the dave slash incident s3 at monaco
Haz car just stopped and got stuck in ground. its in highlights
anyway closed arjan down was so much faster but couldent get him
was settlin for 8th when me team m8 dan crashed out givin me 7th i think
he later told me his POTATO METERS FAILED LOL
great battle with haz n arjan loved it
next spa not sure how i will do there
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 am

No one is ordering anyone around here . . . all Im saying is the turn one stuff is getting out of hand. I do have more than enough experience with these types of issues and I`m just giving you guys some of the ideas that I have implemented over the years that really work. Use them dont use them thats ur choice but Im not the type of person to just sit back and see a good thing go bad even if Im here for only 5 minutes (3 races). I will always care no matter if its a game or real life issues, thats just me. The second I stop caring is the time I move on!

Ive been around long enough to know that the grass is never greener on the otherside but something really needs to be done with the starts.

I remember years ago starting an F-1 series with NASCAR drivers . . . You think our starts are bad! WOW! But we worked on it and made people understand that gaining a turn one position wasnt worth the carnage. It took a few months to fix but it eventually made starts FUN! With these 100% races you have more than enough time to make CLEAN passes. Again everything I add to these types of post are just recommendations that have worked in the past.

Trust me I do not want to assume any admin postion here thats why Ive taken a break from SCE & ESRL and am a driver here. With 7 days a week of racing at SCE & ESRL I had a full plate. I just wanna drive! So far for the most part I am having a blast here! Im so into this I need a fan next to me to cool me off even with the A/C on full blast and I l LUV IT!

See ya durng the week for practice! Yes I`ll need a set up for the next race so who ever is feeling the LUV you can send away!

CA-RAZY
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

lol, fair play mate,

What ideas do you have for starts or any1 ese for that matter, bigger punishment ??
Back to top Go down
Gary Madew

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 am

LOL,

First of all you know by this point who is doin what correct . . . Take them to the side on TS in PRIVATE and give them a warning.

All of the bellow has been implimented at some point in some series at ESRL over tha past 5 years:
A) YOU ARE NOW ON PROBATION FOR 2-3-4 or 5 races(your decision) FOR STARTS. THE NEXT INCIDENT YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ONE RACE! YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE ON PROBATION EVEN AFTER YOU SUSPENSION AND IF ANOTHER INCIDENT OCCURS YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED AGAIN FOR ONE MORE RACE. THIRD TIME YOU ARE GONE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR.

B) AWARD LAST PLACE POINTS AFTER WARNING BUT STILL UNDER PROBATION.

C) AFTER ONE WARNING AND ON PROBATION THE SAID DRIVER MUST START IN THE BACK AND NOT BE ABLE TO PASS A SINGLE CAR UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF LAP ONE. (Note) If a car goes off the track the said driver can pass.

D) NO PASSING UNTIL EITHER THE 4th TURN OR AFTER LAP ONE HAS BEEN COMPLETED. THIS IS FOR ALL DRIVERS!

D really worked well with NO PASSING UNTIL TURN 4.

The drivers at first HATED IT but all it took was 1 race and the drivers were believers and saw that they can DO IT!

There is no magic bullet for the above and that is because what I call THE HUMAN FACTOR is involved. Once 2 humans are involved you have no control over them but, if you lay down the law and DO NOT VEER from it it will eventually be rewarding for all.

We kept the rules for a minimum of 1 to 2 months then re-instated the nromal start but with stiff WARNING TO ALL. The rules will be re-aplied if it gets ugly again.

Some of the above was for F-1 and some for NASCAR. You also may loose one or two drivers but the quality of driving will imporve big time and the racing will be AWESOME in a short period of time. Bottom line is you will see results and thats if and only if you do not veer away from any rule you impliment. Peoples nature is to always push boundries but if you stick to your guns and make a few examples of some the rest will fall in line. This is true in everyday life. Ive done this in the buisnesses ive owned over the years and it really does work! Old schoool thinking with a dash of NEW SCHOOL!

There were some other things but I forgot and all my notes are at home(dam memory loss!)

CA-RAZY!

Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 am

Mr. Madew. no offense but all your post is a punishment.
You think that this is F1? a punishment?
or that the rule D. is F1 ? realistic?
The punishment isnt always the right way.

I had leagues at the past too, and you must not have experience to solve the problem of the starts, if you are saying that is a "problem".

If it is a problem then the solution is one and only one:
Official Practices. REAL OFFICIAL PRACTICES.
You didnt appear at official practice? you cant race! why? because the admins must see your behavior at the track. And in this behavior will be the safely starts too.
If a driver make mistakes at the starts without doing it deliberately, then he must make more practice in the week with other drivers to learn braking zones of the tracks and the braking style and points of the other drivers. then at the official practice at Saturday admins will decide.

And something last.
You said at a previous post that you are looking for a league that has structure and holds some type of standards.
Do you believe that driving aggressive behind a driver whos in hotlap at Quali, when you just came out of the pits, is a type of standard? no offence but you must answer this to yourself first m8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Budapest - Testing / Race reports    Budapest - Testing / Race reports   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Budapest - Testing / Race reports
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next