Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports

Go down 
+11
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans
F1RacerDan
Ari_Zijlstra
ajbrown
Alex
DFRACING1
jayzeewood
arcticwolve100
Alonso0506
Cosie
MattLeonowicz
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:44 am

Mercedes Test report Sepang

well after an realy good weekend at Melbourn Despite the lost on of one engine. We arived in the blistering Heat of Malaysia.
1 impressions on our 2011 spec car is in on word amazing. the new engine is roaring like a beast and the aero part of the car improved alot.

Well as david already said the tyre ware is pretty high here so i tested both Sets of tyres. just changed some littil things in the setup,but im not totaal happy whit how the car behaves atm but we slighty getting there were we want to be:D.
well for tommorow i will work on the cars setup and wil try to get a much as competetiv laps out of the tyres
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:51 am

Williams Test Report Malaysian Grand Prix

Given how things went today, it looks like being a difficult weekend, but i will do all i can to get close to the quickest.
Today, things did not go well and i struggled to find a good balance on the car, so i will look on how i can improve over the week.

On a track with tyre degradation being what it is, there will be a lot of factors in play in the fight for the top places and just being quickest will not be enough.
This is only the start of the season: i am not quick enough to fight for the win and pole position, but that does not mean that i have to throw in the towel.

Instead i have to step up my efforts to quickly reduce the gap that separates me from those who have done a better job than me.
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:56 am

well after a dissapointing austrlian gp the team arrive in malasia with a new spec as do the rest aus was a dissapointing race for redbull due to matt been unlucky suffering glicthes in the car i managed to get 5th good result but made way to many mistakes but as i said we arrive in malsia with new car feels much better fell like im driving well as we were in pre season but atm just doing laps on default setup feeling the car will move with wings etc tonight get a balance for tomorrow and improve the car more and more till race day and i have no doubhts but others will be strong all so but we hope for better result this week
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:01 am

mclaren arrive at sepang after winning the 1st race of season with alex
with a new updated mp424/b updated car
so far enitial test run of the model has gone better than expected engine sounds amazing along with the car redesign lookin forward to puttin this car through its paces

Had good fun spend long enough on this game as it is now theres no chance ill be gettin of it
also beleive i may have found why brakes failed in aus times ive said that lol but lookin positive
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Lotus Renault Gp Sepang Report

Hopeful of a season debut at sepang i've been doing some initial laps, quite happy with most things although the swing your car in braking zones are where i am losing alot of time, maybe 1-2 seconds per lap if i can find it i will be right on the back of the pack. A full week to work on it so not to worried
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:06 am

Day 2 - Ferrari

Happy with day 2, Worked on wings / gears think there sorted.
Also worked more on tyres to get them to last longer, seems ok.

After oz not taking nowt for granted, so will just wrk hard at my own things.

More tomorrow
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:16 am

feeling pretty good this week with the car. learnt a few things and have decent (ish) pace. plenty of time in the week to gain more with the car.
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:29 am

Toro Rosso Sepang Testing Day2

Solved some serious problems of understeer and worked with tires. Happy with their performance.
Tomorrow i'll do some work with the gearbox and the brakes as i feel that i have to gain more time from these.

Stay tune for tomorrow hot news from the Toro Rosso paddocks in OGL Melbourne - Monaco - Test/Race Reports Channel
lol
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

Just tried some laps with pad on my laptop, dont know how the hell all you guys on pad do it. 1.36 on quali lmao
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:41 am

Day 3 - race sim done,

Happy with it, fuel / tyres ok, pace ok. few things i wanna chance to help the car ner end of race but apart from that all good,

Tomorrow start on quali
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:47 am

Car is good
Dave and Corry are fast so they'll be up there, Harv will be up there too despite his sandbagging atm.
Looking alright and I'd be happy to fight for a podium
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:47 am

What a stange test.

Started on quali today, started with 10laps and meds, to get the feel of low fuel, and was 0.2 off corry.

then i took fuel out and put softs on, and only improved 0.2 to match corry.
Did quite a few runs and couldent improve,

But then i went back out with meds and did 33.1 hmmmm
Was on another good lap but spun,

anyway its good for p2 on the grid, no1 will touch alex will just have to make the most of race,
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:01 am

Well last test today checked both compounds for the last time and it confirmed what i thaught.

Now the Setup,Tyres and everything else is set for the weekend.

Before Melbourne i was concerned if i can keep up with the Frontrunners in Qualifying and i couldnt. Now coming to Sepang looks like the same again but since we have parc ferme im confident my strategy will work for the race.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:32 am

testing has beeen strange for me today
gettin good time through sec 1 and such but losing all my time by finnal sector
so not happy with times today even though they was consistant 39s which isnt fast enough
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:01 am

All about getting the softs to work for quali today, and i think ive done that,

Matched my pb qualu lap, thats with a mistake in s1 and s2,

another let down so far has been my starts and have been working on them too.

So hopefully things look ok for good quali and start, race in confident but you neva know,

Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:39 am

***NOTE***

***OFFICAL PRACTICE HAS BEEN DELAYED***

IT WILL NOW START AT 9:30.

WE KNOW ITS LATE BUT WE MOVED IT BACK FOR EVERYONE TO WATCH THE MATCH, AND TO BE ABLE TO DO PRAC STARTS WHICH ARE IMPORTANT

THANKS,
Back to top Go down
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:44 am

SC will not be at offical Practice due to injury to the driver. It's ok he has it on ice and is resting it well befor the race tomorrow.

However I will try and get on in time for Prac starts for some HD video testing
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:22 am

Testing all good for me, pace improved just by taking a turn diff, its solid and consistant.
Also comfirmed my starts lot of prac this week with them, and defo improved was allways attacking.

No team mate so need to win to make sure we get max points,
All looking good.

Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

happy with pace now got back into 38s and pb for me
started qually runs not to bad so lookin forward to race
inconsistancy in my times is only concern for now but race we will see
how things go
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Miles off the pace not enjoying turn 11 and 14 where i am losing all my time which i think is about 2 seconds, need to improve or i will not be in the 107% rule
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm slower then usual this weekend, going to be a long race, will qualify though so just need to keep plodding away and hope theres other people struggling so i can have a few on track battles to keep me entertained
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:09 am

Lotus Renault GP Race Report

After a first lap collision with the force india (which i take full responsibility for and apologize to matthew for) i had damaged suspension, attempting to carry on i lagged out running in last place.

Better luck next week?
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:55 am

Forgot to change my boost from 6 on the first stint, so i put in on 2 for the second but the damage was already done. My engine gave way on lap 28.
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:57 am

Sorry guys. My lad was very ill and was doubled up on the floor in pain so had to opt out of the race. Hes a bit better now though so all OK.
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:44 am

Sepang Race Report:

Not really ready for this race. i put wrong setup with slow gearbox and i ended with a terrible accident in lap 22. i couldnt do anything.
congrats to all the participants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports   Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melbourne - Sepang Test/Race Reports
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next