Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8

Go down 
+7
Ari_Zijlstra
ajbrown
Alonso0506
Mythos
arcticwolve100
QuickNick
F1RacerDan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 Empty
PostSubject: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 am

OGL's Research & Development system.

For season 8 of the OGL F1WC we will be introducing the ability to upgrade and develop your car as a team. The system is not intended to be 'a development race' meaning that everyone will receive the same amounts of upgrade of point's per development stage and not awarded on race win's and race perfomance etc. It sounds complicated but its all done within the physics and has been tested thoroughly!, Each upgrade adds a benefit but will also come at a small cost! Details on how the system will work can be found below -

Areas of the car to be upgraded -

Blown Diffuser - Adds peak diffuser downforce levels but adds more fuel consumption

Engine - Adds more power at the cost of fuel consumption

Suspension - Improves stability to the tyre improving wear rates

Wings - adds the ability to improve the levels of wing both front and rear

Brakes - adds stability and reduces temperature and wear.

FURTHER DETAILS ON WHAT EACH UPGRADE WILL BE POSTED CLOSER TO PRESEASON.

Each section has 4 levels including the standard package and the points for each upgrade are as follows

STANDARD PACKAGE - FREE
UPGRADE STAGE 1 - 25 POINTS
UPGRADE STAGE 2 - 50 POINTS
UPGRADE STAGE 3 - 100 POINTS

STARTING POINTS WILL BE 100 FOR THE PRESEASON

Like real life you will get a small amount of points to develop the car in pre season and then at set stages through the season will be confirmed soon.

One thing to point out is that by the end of the season you will not be able to have upgraded all area's of the car and maximise all areas to stage 3 so you will need to really think about what direction you choose to develop the car.

Upgrades will be made for the team and NOT induvidual cars! You decide as a team and the Team Manager of the respective team will be in charge of what to upgrade for that team!

Further details will be released towards in 2 weeks following the final round of season 7. The reason for this announcement is to give you all an idea and something to look forward too!

We have plenty of time to answer any questions you have on this system, please use this thread to ask anything or post any thoughts on it!
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 am

thanks matt and DAN. Appreciate the work that goes in.

Last edited by QuickNick on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 am

awsome stuff Dan and matt i no you to been working very hard on this and cant have been easy with dans injurd toe Smile

Cant wait for this to happen roll on next season lee to win in melbourne lol
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:57 am

Sounds good. it reminds me the SP mods, but when there is development is a little different.
Also i hope this to cut a little the speed of the fronts, but i dont think so Razz

And i want to say that is a good idea to open a thread so all the drivers can post their ideas for other parts of the championship. For example i have a very good idea for the contracts section.
I think is very interesting, so if you want i can post it here or send it with pm to someone admin etc
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:19 am

Pm me or Matt mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:15 am

First off all this thing with updates is a great idea guys and something i had in mind a long time ago but didnt knew this was possible.

I would also like to hear your idea Jimi bounce lol

cant wait for pre season to test all that stuff out

great stuff guys cheers
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:25 am

Well, i asked Florian and they said to send a pm. I sent it, so if they think that is good or something i think that the guys will give it to all for discussion etc
I have not a problem to post here, but from the moment there isn't a thread to post our ideas in general, the right think is to send a pm and not spam it. Wink

unrelated just for laughs Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0NQeJWXGio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V7q7ms8mvM
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 am

so the fota ideas section not mean anything mythos lol
me thinks u not looked in fota he he, theres a section there for your ideas and sugestions
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am

no, i know about this Lee. But you're saying there: but propper ideas nothing silly.
I cant risk it lol
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:46 am

got ur pm mythos! il look over it at some point later as i have other things to sort out tonight but i do like the idea from what ive read

to everyone else if theres anything you want to know regarding the upgrade system now is the time to ask!
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 am

this is an excelnet idea well done to who eva put this together
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 am

great idea guys Very Happy love it Smile, keep going this way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 am

So drivers or teams that earn points in a race can use them to upgrade the trams cars?
Does this mean the gap to the front runners is going to get bigger?
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:54 am

no marty m8 all teams get same points i beleive for upgrades
just up to u how u go about developing your car with what your given
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am

yep lees right! its a development war as such! each team is allowed the same amount of points and its up to them to decide what they develop.
Back to top Go down
Cosie

Cosie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 am

Ahhh,happy now:)
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:19 am

all the details for the upgrades are also all done and dusted atm an will be announced soon!
Back to top Go down
cunnie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:27 am

im just glad im leaving im all on trying to figure what gear to take the corner never mind trying to sort out these upgrades lol

good work guys and good luck for the future
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 am

There's no testing the upgrades as such! for e.g you won't have all available at the start just to see which is best! Ita more like real life where u choose a direction for the car.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:48 am

correct me if im wrong but i think its just pick something you want and it will be put on the car deal done. and later point of season you get some points again and you again decide what you wanna spend em for right

sounds quite easy to me
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:53 am

No there's stages of every upgrade, you dont pick and get the highest tier upgrade straight away with the extra points you can get the lowest tier of another upgrade or upgrade the one you've already got
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:57 am

I have the same question with Florian.
The way we are upgrading.
I don't think that we are upgrading with our points from the championship, because he said that the development stage is not awarded on race win's and race performance. And the points are exactly our performance right?
Thats my though and my question too.
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:22 am

Will Lee and I be able to spend all our first lot of pocket money errrrrr I mean points on massive brakes?
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:56 am

To answer your questions points do not depend on your performance! Each team is given the same amount of points to spend. Each upgrade has levels of upgrades so u buy level 1 then level 2 etc.
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 am

nice Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 Good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8   Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction of OGL's Research & Development system for Season 8
Page 1 of 1