Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Paddock Talk

Go down 
+12
Alex
QuickNick
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans
matt-e-g-2010
MattLeonowicz
Mythos
ajbrown
Alonso0506
Ari_Zijlstra
DFRACING1
arcticwolve100
F1RacerDan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 am

Help. Cant get my "Centre Cams" to work. Selected it and bought it in upgrades but im still crabbing round the track. Bit off putting but not the end of the world as Ive put up with it for last 3 races. Very Happy Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Could just change your default camera file to the centre cam one
Back to top Go down
Filippos NomiKos

Filippos NomiKos

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:59 am

so hard to find a steady set up for canada.its gonna be a hopeless race again
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Did some laps last night.

The car is awful in every way, im slow but the circuit is so much fun. Locking brakes and understeer in first sector. In middle sector, like turbo car power sliding during traction. With the heavy braking in last sector the rear steps out, so sliding the car through the chicanes.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:25 pm

ye its a tough track but so much fun tho Smile
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm

just realised this is not the montrael testing thoughts page

doh
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Lol still general paddock talk so its ok lol
Back to top Go down
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:23 am

Judt looked at the hot laps and I'm faster then Andrew YES GET IN THERE
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 am

Cus he drives like Prost! Wink
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 am

lol i wish

more like sebastian loeb around this track
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:24 am

Did you see me didya didya didya????????

Free practice 1 at Village, farm and then Club and at Stowe in FP2?

Im famous at last, look for 2 soggy shivering specs under a green, red and blue umbrella. Admittidly you will ave to push your face right up against the TV to see us but we were there. 15 minutes of fame at last in my twylight years.
Back to top Go down
lozribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 am

Dan"Ribster"Ribbans wrote:

Im famous at last, look for 2 soggy shivering specs under a green, red and blue umbrella. Admittidly you will ave to push your face right up against the TV to see us but we were there. 15 minutes of fame at last in my twylight years.

Your twilight years were in 1990!!
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:15 am

lozribbans wrote:
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans wrote:

Your twilight years were in 1990!!

LOL
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:34 am

Slags
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:58 am

Matt, Could you let us all know if the league is surviving finacially. This all costs money and if youre not getting enough in it aint gonna last. Im sure we are all fully aware that some people cant contribute but others can, and should, even in small amounts. If you could re-post Paypal info and any other payments methods here that would be good.

Thanks from us all.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:35 am

nice gesture dan Smile
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 am

Here are some pointers in relation to setuping that I saw on a website;

These are not my tips; setuping is not my expertise.

Tips:
* set the ride height to the minimum and compensate with the 3rd spring/packers

* use the softest springs available on the rear and a little harder on the front. This should provide the most grip and having the front harder than the rear should give you good stability.

* use the softest possible rear anti rollbar. Front anti rollbar is a bit trickier but i usually never go softer than the equivalent spring setting on the front.

* use the softest tyre compound possible (whatever will get you the distance you want to complete, ignore the temperatures, unless they are crazy, like 125C+ which will be orange/yellow on rF colour scale on the LCD)

* use the lowest tyre pressures possible. if you find you are bottoming out a lot and the tyres get really hot when they didnt before, youve probly gone too far Smile

* set the pump and power diff settings in the single digits (0 - 9%). This is mainly the best setting for those not using TC as it offers the best traction. If you are using TC you can usually get away with higher settings. The coast setting is up to you, depends how stable you like the car under brakes - if you want staibilty, got above 50% for this setting. I nearly always keep the preload very low ... dont ask me what it does, lol

* set the steering lock as low as possible. If youre not getting close to full lock on your wheel at a comfortable range (what i mean here is if you run 900 deg rotation, then full lock is a bit stupid looking in an f1 car with that setting!) ... so if you dont get close to 180 at least, youve got too much steering lock. That'll eat your tyres, wreck stability and cause you to over-compensate when you have little 'moments'.

* try to set your brake bias as far to the rear as possible. this will help corner entry, any front wheel locking is causing you to lose time.

Probably the only other tip i can give you regarding car setup is that everything that happens to the car is because of weight transfer. for example, if you lose the back of the car under power that means the weight is not going from the front of the car to the rear quick enough, or just not enough is being transferred at all (and extend that example to every handling problem you encounter). so with that in mind, when you stuff up on track, try to sit still for a minute and think about what happened ... did you just stuff up? if not, what happened to the car, where was the weight, where did you need it?

As a rough guide, springs set how much weight will be transferred (they set the static ride, how the car reacts to weight when its sitting still) - harder springs resist weight and vice versa. dampers affect how fast that weight will transfer around the car. harder damper settings will slow that rate down, offering more stability though too far can cause unresponsiveness (change of direction becomes difficult, though ive not really encountered this in rFactor too often)

Link:
http://www.rfactoraustralia.com.au/f1a/forum/showthread.php?tid=13

Additionally, here is a basic setup guide (http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbarnett/SetupMatrix.html).
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:48 am

Brilliant, thx Mr. Morgan. Some little gems in there which will help me.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 pm

With mechanical failures switched off, does that mean brakes will not fail?
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 am

Nope nothing can fail in both engine and brakes, however there is a temperature working range and once they overheat they lose performance depends on the mod and wether it works lol as before never really made a difference mine used to never get near the temp it needs to lose performance. Can't check the file as I'm at work but I'm sure Matt could pop the figures on here
Back to top Go down
massa94

massa94

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 am

get back to work then dan lol
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 am

Anyone need a driver for this evening? Im full of attitude and talent but short of a seat Very Happy

Not sure if Jimi is racing actually, hes not on the hotlaps page for this week so maybe i do have a seat.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:44 am

just be great if u raced m8 lol thought jimmi was just standin in for u till u got back ?
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:20 am

ye good to see your back rib and guess lee is right with jimi but i guess we will see by quali whos gonna race where.
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:27 am

Spoke to Jimi and hes not racing tonight so Im back in team Marrusia Ribbans Virgin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Paddock Talk
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: rFactor :: OGL F1 World Championship Season 7-
Jump to: