Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OGL F1WC Interviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

OGL F1WC Interviews  Empty
PostSubject: OGL F1WC Interviews    OGL F1WC Interviews  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Written interviews will be posted here! Simply copy and paste the questions and fill in your answers then repost Cool
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: OGL F1WC Interviews    OGL F1WC Interviews  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 pm

QUICK INTERVIEW WITH DAN LOVETT OF TEAM VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES

DAN YOU STARTED THE SEASON VERY STRONG WITH A FEW GREAT PODIUMS HOW DID THAT FEEL FOR YOU STARTING OF SO BRIGHTLY
Ye gotta good start to the season and was putting in plenty of test laps and the times seemed to come, it was good to get some early podiums too!

YOU THEN MOVED TO MCLAREN AFTER MONACO HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE U TO DECIDE THIS WAS AN OPPERTUNITY U COULDENT TURN DOWN.
Well my team mate at the time had left so i was on my own at team lotus, then Mr Cooper was fired and a seat available at mclaren and mclaren will always be my main team how could i say no lol

WHAT QUALITIES DID MCLAREN SEE IN YOU AND WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU CAN BRING TO THE TEAM
think i showed an improvement in mysefl this season which the team obv saw and i know i still have plenty left in the tank which i can use to push the team for 2nd in the constructors.

SO FAR YOU HAVE SHOWN GREAT SPEED AND SKILL BUT HUNGARY AND SPA IT ALL WENT WRONG TELL US WHAT HAPPENED
Well i think the combination of changing wheels and waiting to sort it all out and the lack of testing the last two weeks cost me dearly. Hungary was just a nightmare i had no time to test due to fixing my old wheel and got on the server 6 minutes before the race with a fairly untested setup but the pace was there at spa i just hadnt tested light and it showed towards the end!

ITS NOW A SEASON BREAK WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACHIVE IN THE REMAINING RACES
AS YOUR GOAL ?

Well there was more of an adjustment than i hoped changing to the g27 wheel but can see the benefits so have plenty of testing this week to get around that then head into the final races flat out Wink my goals this season is to get 3rd in the champ and get mclaren to 2nd in the constructors, especially as my teammate is scoring solid points!

MCLAREN RETURNED TO ITS OLD SCHOOL ON SUNDAY WITH A TIE UP WITH MOLBORO FOR HISTORIC PERPOSES HOW DID THAT FEEL FOR YOU
Well being an avid ayrton senna fan its awesome, such a special feel with that livery!

WHO DO YOU SEE AS YOUR MAIN RIVAL
Andrew Morgan mostly as weve battled a lot on track anyway but were close in the championship! its good to have a battle with someone like morgan he races hard but more importantly fair plus we have healthy banter which spices it up! (i hate him really lol idiot)

CAN D FIDOCK BE CAUGHT ?
maybe! weve seen flo getting close to him lately and previous races have seen ppl getting close but he can lose it himself, but u never know anything can happen!

Last edited by arcticwolve100 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OGL F1WC Interviews    OGL F1WC Interviews  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 am

QUICK INTERVIEW WITH DAVID FIDOCK OF FERRARI!

SO DAVE YOU ENTER THE FINAL SEASON BREAK LEADING THE CHAMPIONSHIP, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON HOW YOUR SEASON IS GOING?

To be honest i couldent ask for any better, i think im driving better then i ever have done, i think im more consistant, and ive been working harder at my quali pace, which used to be my downfull,
The season itself has been my best yet, apart from net failure in monaco and breaks in canada, ive been on the podium, and inline for everywin, so im really happy, and the fact i was winning monaco and canada whn i had these problems gives me more confidence then none,

THE
LAST FEW RACES WEVE SEEN FLO UPPING HIS GAME AND BEGINNING TO MATCH
YOUR PACE AT TIMES, WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS AND WHO ELSE DO YOU
EXPECT TO BE FIGHTING IN THE REMAINING RACES?

Flo is a fantastic driver, he allways has been, i dont think hes upped his game, he has allways been a great driver, and solid pace, i just think the start of the season he had bad luck, and stuggled more then most to come to terms with the new rules and regs, [low abs]. but a great driver and a future champion for sure.
The rest of the season, hmm, well there is a lot of talent out there, we have flo / cosie / arjan / nick / morgan / corry all of these guys when they pull it together can be and will be race winners, but flo is my main rival atm, and i will be watching him

LOOKING AT THE FIELD NOW WHO HAS BEEN YOUR DRIVER OF THE SEASON APART FROM YOURSELF;)?

I can name a few, we have lee miller, the most improved and the most dedicated driver in the league, this season he had consistantly scored points, and HE LEAD THE RACE IN BUDAPEST, lol, i would love to see miller on the podium, or even win a race, ive allways told lee if i was 1st and him 2nd i would give it up for him to win, but hopefull if he was 2nd he would pass me by speed anyway.
nick.d troble at the start of season, but pulled it together and is now a front running driver.

YOUR
TEAM-MATE NICHOLAS DEMETRIS HAS SHOWN SOLID FORM YET AGAIN, DO YOU FEEL
YOU HAVE THE CONSTRUCTORS WRAPPED UP YET OR DO YOU FEEL THERE IS STILL A
CHANCE OF BEING CAUGHT?

Nick is a fantastic driver and a bloody good team mate, the last few races we have worked together very well, on set ups and in races. and i feel good things to come for him
One thing i hate is when people come ova to us and say the title is done, or say dave your champ bla bla, same in races when people say dave you will win this easy,
races and title arnt easy and i neva think as the race or title over untill the flag or untill its mathmaticly done and dusted, there is a long way to go in both titles, and i take every race as if its the 1st round of season,
yes we have a nice gap in both, but its not over yet nowhere ner, me and nick have a long way to go. And will push hard to make it ours again.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER AND GOOD LUCK IN THE REMAINING RACES!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: OGL F1WC Interviews    OGL F1WC Interviews  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:32 am

QUICK INTERVIEW WITH ANDREW MORGAN OF LOTUS RENAULT!

ANDREW YOU MISSED SEVERAL RACES AT THE START BUT SHOWN GOOD PACE LAST FEW ROUNDS HOW IS YOUR SEASON GOING IN YOUR EYES?
I was busy finishing my time at university, so had no time for the league. I returned about 6 races ago I think. Since my return, I’ve been really fortunate. I joined Renault with Cosie, who’s not only a great guy, but got great natural talent. His setup help has helped me a lot to be honest, as setup ability has been my greatest weakness in the past. On track, results have been good, picking up a lucky victory in Canada and more podiums. In past seasons, I was usually in a lonely midfield position but now with the pack tighter, it’s been great to have decent, close battles with the others, usually with Dan (who says I drive fair, pft not happy with that Wink) Arjan (who you need to watch the mirrors more than the road ahead), nic d, cosie and co.

ITS LOOKING CLOSE FOR 3RD IN THE STANDINGS AND YOU HAVE JUST OVERTAKEN DAN LOVETT, ARE YOU PREDICTING A CLOSE BATTLE OR YOU CONTENT YOU CAN HOLD 3RD IN THE STANDINGS?
I’m third because Dan doesn’t like to finish the last lap of races. Don’t care about driver standings, just want more close racing.

LOTUS RENAULT CONTINUE TO CATCH MCLAREN IN 2ND PLACE DO YOU FEEL YOU CAN PULL BACK THE 79 POINT DEFICIT?
As a team, it would be nice to catch Mcclaren. If I had any aim going into next races, that would be it, but, as I said, more close racing please. Dan and Lee are generally having very good seasons, so it's going to be difficult to catch them but who knows. The next few races will tell if it's a realistic goal.

AND FINALLY WHO HAS BEEN YOUR DRIVER OF THE SEASON DO FAR?
Dave is the boring answer. Florian continues to impress. Arjan has flashes of speed, the flash being the moment of impact on a barrier. Since I’ve been here, this has been Lee’s best season in my opinion. Cosie seems happier with car recently and he can put us all to shame when he’s hooked up. Dan has been flying as well, particularly his Prost-like qualifying pace. Haz has shown unbelievable pace at times. Matt looks to have improved, and Gary looks to be improving an awful lot too. Max has closed the gap as well. A shout out for Cunnie who has been ridiculously unlucky, but is often right up there. Also, Ribster in Canada demonstrated strategic ability and raw pace, so hope he returns for more.

I don’t like to pick just one driver out, but if forced, I’d have to go for........eh.........Lee. Trying not to be biased as we all know he’s a swell guy, his performances and results have improved and with his commitment, he should (and hopefully so) continue to improve.

Gary is one to watch out for.

Thanks for the opportunity to answer, and hope you all enjoy the break
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OGL F1WC Interviews    OGL F1WC Interviews  Empty

Back to top Go down

OGL F1WC Interviews
Page 1 of 1