Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Paddock Talk

Go down 
+12
Alex
QuickNick
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans
matt-e-g-2010
MattLeonowicz
Mythos
ajbrown
Alonso0506
Ari_Zijlstra
DFRACING1
arcticwolve100
F1RacerDan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

General Paddock Talk  Empty
PostSubject: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Use this thread for general discussion of the league, any questions you have and general league banter.

Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Not been able to test at all yet as I'm on holiday but it's looking great with a full grid (most we have ever had) and this new mod! What's everyone's thoughts on the new season?
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:51 pm

gonna be mega m8 mods fantastic
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:52 pm

Think I speak for every1 mate that were All buzzing for the new season. Haven't heard any1 moan and all words of praise with the new mod / regs. Your missing out on a great pre season me and Alex been trading times. Awesome can't wait for oz
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Gonna the best of all seasons we had the mod is fantastic the new rules are great.
We got an high pace field wich means the competition is verry good we got a close field.
the tyres are realy like the real pirellis whit some good consistensy but after a long period you get a cliff.
What do i have to say more.
Its in one word : Fanatastic Very Happy
Cant Wait for melbourn Smile.
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:42 pm

i agree with others everone involved in the mod did a fantastic job and the full grid is the thing i like most cause i really wanna fight for every place(wich i did before aswell)
but if you do mistakes it can cost much more now.

Really great job guys looking forward to Melbourne!!!
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm

havent tested much but today will be on it all day as need to test manythings but from what iv seen and felt in the car its the best mod eva wicth takes a lot because mmg is very very good but like alonso said got it spot on with it can cost you much more now
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:46 am

Last edited by Mythos on Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:56 am

i like turtles.
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:59 am

THE LIGHTS SEEM TO BE ON FOR AN ETERNITY.............. LOOK BUT NEVER STARE AND WERE AWY IN 11!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
matt-e-g-2010

PostSubject: Where to download tracks   General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:30 am

Have downloaded and installed new mod, very good! would just like to know where ican download the tracks? been looking and cant seem to find them, probably staring me right in the face :-) will then go online to get a bit of practice in for albert park.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:52 am

Drivers only sub forum in pre season testing
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

Am I being blonde? Cant find the hotlaps link, I know its here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

its on the MAIN WEBSITE.

onlinegamingleague.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:31 am

My lad just did a 1.49.50 round Sepang after only 3 laps of practice (never driven the circuit before). Wont be long before little Rib is joining the league. affraid
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:33 am

Awesome! How old is ur lad rib? Gunna be putting his old man to shame eh lol
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:10 am

Just 11. Hes a GT nut level 36 within a couple of weeks of getting it. I think its inevitable hes gonna be into rF soon and showing me up.
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 am

Exams all over!!!!

I could race the hrt this week but unavailable for rest of june.

Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am

Right guys i thought it would be a great idea to use the general paddock to get some talk going amongst us all. We have a great season here which is the most real i think we have had, plenty of stuff to discuss and i feel it will help get more of a buzz going around the paddock (as it where lol)

Talking points from China -

- how on earth are people 3 stopping lol im pretty sure if people can get that to really work we will get some real mixed results.
- The engine failure curse lol cunnie can elaborate LOL
- One of the biggest grids 22 drivers!!
- which drivers surprised you during the race.

these are just a few things to get us started, weve got an awesome league here so lets start talking about it lol
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:05 am

to start with a big grid like last night was such a grat buzz but was so nervous of the start even tough i got caught in the carnage in t1 it was great fun

feel sorry for the guys with engine trouble in race i no how it feels when i had so many brake faliures last season

impressed by matt gyorgy 2 races and finnished in the points in both
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 am

ye Dan youre right its great season so far and the grid is one of the biggest i ever saw here.

Now for the 1st point i think me and rib (danny) were the only 2 drivers doing 3 stop. The Answer to that is we are just kind to the tyres i guess dont have any other answer to that. also gotta say it was very close for not working.

For the engine failures i dont know why this happens as everything is fine so far for me and my engine done his 3rd race now.

3rd as i said this huge grid is awesome so many drivers here and i think everyone here can score points with a bit of luck. Great to see so many competitve racers.

Who surprised me so far this season from the new boys.

Well in Melbourne i have to say stelios in the hrt was not bad.

In Sepang it was clearly Matthew in the Force India who showed good pace aswell as in shanghai.

For Shanghai specificly it was Nikolas in the opening laps in wich he was running in 4th place and had the chance to score points but its obvious he made some huge mistakes for wich he got the penalty already.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 am

Alonso0506 wrote:
ye Dan youre right its great season so far and the grid is one of the biggest i ever saw here.

Now for the 1st point i think me and rib (danny) were the only 2 drivers doing 3 stop. The Answer to that is we are just kind to the tyres i guess dont have any other answer to that. also gotta say it was very close for not working.

i reckon ur using special duracell rubber!! i know what ribster like lol but seriously dont know how u guys did it but fair play!!

oh and u did hit me towards the end Wink
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:02 am

Ive watched replys of some guys that had engine trouble.

some of them were changing down quite fast,

sometimes you can change down fast and itll blow straight away, and other times u can change fast, and it helps the engine ware dwn faster during te race, which was main caue for most i think,

sometimes it has nothing to do with rad size or boost,

i suggest trying to come up with a gear pattern to help the engine, sounds silly but really does help,

as far as the grid was wicked have so many ppl, and for them all to quali, even though some of the new guys still dont get the rules, but can be worked on.

tyres, i did watch alonso he is better on his tyres, but it dont help tbh, cos he needs to drop pace to look after them, and ner the end of race was very slow, and had no chance to fight dan at end,

its allways better to do that 1 more stop, as we saw with dan with alonso, and real life, we seen button try 3 in china and lewis 4,, lewis ended up mies ahead/winning and they were fighting at 1 point,
Back to top Go down
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 am

Ive always got a lap or 2 extra out of my tyres but I think Dave is right, squeezing extra out of them = general slower lap times. I had a fairly clear race with not many "wheel to wheel battles" yesterday so that helped tyres too.

In Season 6 I was planning a 0 stopper on hards at Monza. Race ended before T1 so cant tell you if it was gonna work out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 am

just noticed something while testing in relation to the engines blowing. I was testing the limit lol and when u triple shift down pretty fast it blows everytime, but doing a double shift non stop and it doesnt, it just overheats then cools down when u go back to normal. so maybe you triple shifted which caused it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Paddock Talk    General Paddock Talk  Empty

Back to top Go down

General Paddock Talk
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: rFactor :: OGL F1 World Championship Season 7-
Jump to: