Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-Season Testing Reports

Go down 
+8
Ari_Zijlstra
Alex
Mythos
Alonso0506
ajbrown
arcticwolve100
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Pre-Season Testing Reports Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:06 am

Il start off as i haven't done a report for like a season lol

New mod and all, i know i made it but i hadn't done much actual just sit down and drive testing of it, and i think ive got on top of this mod pretty quickly,

Estoril is a pretty challenging track, but i think i got the hang of it in the end producing 1:18's by the end when i was doing 1:21's at the start on the same setup

getting used to the Low ABS now also, hardly locking up now which is good.

Enjoying it so far.

POST YA TESTING REPORTS BELOW & FEEDBACK ON THE MOD
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:09 am

1st off matt hats off mate, mod is bloody fantastic,, you done great job, cant wait for season to start.

As for testing, goin well so far, times look good, car looks / sounds grate

WEll post more morrow wen i have more time to drive.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:09 am

1st time i tried mod thought wow this is good stuff then matt said put abs low so did and found it tricky but suprisingly fun done some laps on estoril tricky track hope we can do a diff track soon to stretch the legs on this mod
big thanx to matt for all work hes put in
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:18 am

started off today and have to say its a gr8 mod well done matt 2nd the low abs is a challenge but like matt says hardly lokcing up we will be trying to improve the car testing in suspension area mainly as thats were we struggled last season so all in all gr8 start atm
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:27 pm

We got the first taste of our new challenger for season 7 yesterday.

The first day of testing altough it was a short one was quite good.
We learnt a lot. It is a very different car to the F10 i drove last year and needs a different set-up and understanding.
The balance of the car was difficult, but it’s always hard to get a car to feel good on that amount of fuel. I will just have to work on it and see what we get back.

The new tyres feel ok. I ran the medium tyre for the whole test yesterday. They seem quite hard which is causing us to slide around a bit too much.

Overall i think its just getting used to all the new rules and the car but im confident that we at Williams can do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

i do my irst practise sauber its good car with power but i need to make good set up!!!
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:13 pm

lmao were not racing here its just about testing suspension and stuff lmfao
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:53 am

ok. Matt i think we need the OnBoardStarter =1 in the engine.ini
Can you do it before first race please?

Also you could made all the .hdv's to read from the MP_engine.ini and not from all these engine.ini's for every team. you did double job i think Smile it's more easy to keep the files of the mod low and moreflexible for newest updates.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:57 am

Well, testing means nothing really so just been getting used to the setup and not doing any race sims as its Estoril and we're never gonna race there. Anyway pace looks ok, probably behind the Ferraris but hopefully ahead of Williams. Red Bull are looking very strong, they could be contenders for podiums and if luck is on their side, victories in the first few races.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:02 am

Mythos wrote:
ok. Matt i think we need the OnBoardStarter =1 in the engine.ini
Can you do it before first race please?

Also you could made all the .hdv's to read from the MP_engine.ini and not from all these engine.ini's for every team. you did double job i think Smile it's more easy to keep the files of the mod low and moreflexible for newest updates.

Onboard starter was removed because its not f1, you stall game over

Please read the rules, the engine files are there for the engine rule, how are we meant to do each driver with 8 engines with just 1 file?
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:14 am

MattLeonowicz wrote:

Onboard starter was removed because its not f1, you stall game over

At the end of the recon the engines stop and fire up again from the mechanics for the formation lap.
We'll blowup our engines if we are waiting to the grid after the recon for the formation.
This is F1 as i know.

MattLeonowicz wrote:

Please read the rules, the engine files are there for the engine rule, how are we meant to do each driver with 8 engines with just 1 file?

Yes i forgot it, forgive me.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:46 am

we are no longer doing recon, again this shows you haven't read the rules correctly
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:12 am

I have read them Matt scratch
I wrote that i read them and understood them. I cant post any detail i cant figure out cause you'll take it that i'm arguing for the rules.
What do you mean saying:
"Everyone must go to the grid within that 30seconds or they will have to start from the pits"

You mean press the Race button?
You mean the classic one? 30,29,28, etc in the menu and we press Race?
If you mean this ok.
But i was confused saying that there is no recon and then saying to "go" to the grid 30sec before pits close.
Sorry, but i'm not used with no recon and i think that i forgot the simple start at rFactor lol
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:18 am

u get 30 secs to get to grid
then warm up lap race
simples lol
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:19 am

well The first miles whit the brand new Merc w02.
well i guess i need to adjust to it a bit atm Get used to the low abs and low traction its much nicer whit those cus its more a challange to keep the car on the road.
but our car seems to be a bit slower than our main rivals. but we will try to strike back and as alex already said its Estoril we will never race on it so it dont realy care.
wil take some more miles this evening To try and find some new things on the setup etc.
as our car seems to have a bad race trim but our Qualy Trim seems to be verry good Smile.
Will try to work on that this 2 weeks to get our race trim better and try to finish the first few races in the points and after that trying to get to a podium maby, but atm im not feeling confident for a podium finish whit this car.

Mercedes Gp Driver: Arjan zijlstra
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:37 am

Day 2 - getting into a flow wth the car now, been busy weekend so havent done as much laps as main rivels, alex etc,, so looking at pace the ferrari's look on it.

finding a balence in the car is a lot differant, and a challenge im looking 4ward to but at this early stage im happy with car,
Back to top Go down
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:43 am

Well the new Safty Car has been out today. Thank you Matt it is a very nice car to drive a little twittchy under breaking but I can change the way the car breaks so will look at what is better for us.

I can tell it is going to be a busy start to the season for the SC with the new Rookies and some of the vets still getting use to the car.
Back to top Go down
Mark Varley

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:47 am

this is all well and good, but i still can't find the accelerator! scratch
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:57 am

having alot of fun day to pace got better but thats not prime concern for me yet
just wanna get used to car and go from there but at mo happy with progress
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:05 pm

day-2
Mercedes GP Driver: Arjan zijlstra
Car seems to get a bit quiker now, changed a lot of things on the setup And my driving style.
im getting more confident in the car but need to sort out my lag problem Sad.
But our trucks and our cars are moving to jerez and wil arrive there this evening.
We have a some updates on the car so we hope we can make some progress in our race trim and see if we can attack one of the redbulls as they seem to be verry strong this season.
Me and Cunnie wil try to reduce that gap to a few tenths than we will be verry happy. But one mclaren and the ferrari's seem to be verry quik this season. But maby whit some luck and rain we might catch them but its verry hard to beat a 3 times and a 1 time champion in 1 team.
But this seasons seems to be a great one as i see how high the pace is this seasons and its seems to be verry close between some drivers.
but i get back to bed as i have the biggest hang over i had in my live Sleep
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:57 am

The ferrari team move to jerez for day 3 of pre season testing,
so far d.fidock has took to the track,

after day 2 testing and 2day we found out a lot on how the set ups will need to wrk which has shown up early in testing. we can now get the car how we like it, with a good balence,

m.harvey will take over later today for afternoon testing.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:16 am

End of day 3 for ferrari team, we learnt a lot today did a lot of heavey runs with both sets of tyres, learning how they work,

Absolutly loveing the new car [mod] its a beast to drive and a lot of fun, and as far as i know every1 is happy with the new season.

spent 20mins nagging down lee's ear, about lines n breaking and hes improved by 2seconds,

testing will continue tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:34 am

First Day here at Jerez the team was looking to learn new things about our new Car the FW33.

Corry and myself will test over the week to understand how the car works best and get used to it as good as possible.

We completed some long runs today and looked at trying some different things on the car.

The car performed as it should do so I am happy with that. The day went with minor problems, but we have some good direction and it is great to get some more mileage on the car.

From what i seen so far its hard to tell what others are doing as from low fuel to race fuel it could be 5 second difference.

I will take the car over tomorrow to find out more about the car.
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:40 am

first day at jerez and what a wonderfull one.
man :O man my car is a beast its just testing but i made big progress today.
found how to work out a great setup and my times were going well.
i might be a bit faster than i tought to be this season Smile.
And im well confident to fight for a podium this season if we can continue this progress on the car.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:40 am

the mclaren team are at jerez system checkin
both drivers are gettin acustomed to the mp4 25 and the new perreli tyres
things are lookin good at the mo with drivers happy so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Testing Reports   Pre-Season Testing Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Testing Reports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next