Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SimRacing & Gaming Community

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shanghai - Test/Race Reports

Go down 
+7
Corry
arcticwolve100
Ari_Zijlstra
QuickNick
Alonso0506
DFRACING1
MattLeonowicz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

Shanghai - Test/Race Reports Empty
PostSubject: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:38 am

Post Shanghai testing reports here
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:46 am

Ferrari Day 1 testing report.

Solid 1st day, got a good basic to start on, with a lot to improve,
times were ok, but car felt bad so i know i can go quicker,

Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:25 am

Ok first time on Track here in Shanghai this season and ive done some laps to get used to track and some setup work. Looking forward to see corry back on track this weekend and hopefully we can reduce the gap to mclaren and ferrari.
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:21 am

Day 2 -

All good atm, today was about experimenting with the car / set up. to see if i could stretch out. but most of the things i did was wrong,
session was interupted ner the end, so couldent test out fully what was going on which is a shame cuz i dont have much time to test this week, and tht was the last 2 laps of the stint, but got ruined,

anyway went back to set up from day 1 and times went back to what they were,
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:28 am

Just wanna say the mod is great; a nice challenge. Physics feel good. So many thanks to matt and all those dudes involved.

The test car looks cool as well.

Test: dont know how competitive times are; suffer in slow corners; worked out fuel (fuel consumption seems lower now which is good); i always struggle with tyres so strategy will be very interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:30 pm

nice track i do a lot few runs
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm

well had a run on the track yesterday And the feeling for the car is Great Very Happy.
I dont if im fast, but made some changes on the steering,feeling of the car and it seems to work for one time Smile.
Well got a great feeling for this weekend so far.
will work today on Wings,Gear ratios,springs etc,
and try to get my times faster around the track
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:42 am

Day 3 -

Only had time for a few laps today so had to make the most of it,

Improved car for me to attack more, and seems to be working was 0.2 up in middle sector by i droped it at the harpin by breaking with wheel on grass,

so will try that again tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 am

done some runs today just testing tyres and engine ok with times so far
few more things i wanna test tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Corry

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 am

found the problem for my deteriorating pace, its a problem with my wheel, anyway i wont be racing until i can either fix it or buy a new one, sorry alonso what a nightmare start ay mate lol
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:23 am

well i hope you can sort it out soon and be back on track with me Smile
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:29 am

Day 5 -

Today ferrari recived the engine they will run for the weekend, so we got stuck in with a race simulation,

Everything went very well for driver 1, tyres / fuel / stratagi all went to plan, and can even adjust to help overtake if i need to,

Can start to think about quali now.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 am

hardly had any testing time this week but have a setup and will practise hard on sunday day time Smile hoping for a solid points finish but dont think il be as quick as last week due to poor testing..
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 am

Allright practice today went quite well just tried both tyre compounds on low fuel
and the car felt ok but were off the pace on low fuel and we need to find
more grip for the nxt races but for tommorow im optimistic that we can have a good race.
Back to top Go down
Ari_Zijlstra

Ari_Zijlstra

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:27 am

FFS If this continues like this im quiting Realy wtf was the point to restart the race at first.
well my race: the shortest one in my hole carreer. first race had an good start but than the guys at the back begon to complain for an restart etc. blabla.
Than the second race came to turn 1 heavly lag caused by and collision at the back of the field in turn hitted daniels rear wing wich im sorry for daniel Sad, than in turn 4,5 i could keep the car on the track lifted but andrew morgan couldn react that fast and hit me straight on.

Well we will see if i show up for the next race but i doubt it.....
Back to top Go down
ajbrown

ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 am

grrrrr legs been hurting today started race not confident but surprised my pace was gd was just keepeing a fast pace thn was going to make my move but caught on corner and spubn in wall and i will try my best to be bk at turkey will test harder as the upo coming tracks i9 love:)SmileSmile bring it on
Back to top Go down
QuickNick

QuickNick

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:20 am

Vigikakis basically rammed me and matt out of way; while i went last he gained 2 positions. Couldn't avoid arjan who lifted.

Fought back gradually from there until lost connection. Whats point in testing for that; cant make next 3-4 races.
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 am

Ari_Zijlstra wrote:
FFS If this continues like this im quiting Realy wtf was the point to restart the race at first.
well my race: the shortest one in my hole carreer. first race had an good start but than the guys at the back begon to complain for an restart etc. blabla.
Than the second race came to turn 1 heavly lag caused by and collision at the back of the field in turn hitted daniels rear wing wich im sorry for daniel Sad, than in turn 4,5 i could keep the car on the track lifted but andrew morgan couldn react that fast and hit me straight on.

Well we will see if i show up for the next race but i doubt it.....

come on mate these things happen, u should know that! your not leaving Wink
Back to top Go down
Mythos

Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 am

I want to tell a lot for this race but never mind. My words will go in the air.
Hope the next GP will go better at all its phases.
wd Fillipos i'm looking forward for more battles in the next races Wink
Back to top Go down
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 am

1st - arjan you dont moan when we restarted for you mate, people test all week really hard, its unfair for them not to race, it would of been diff if it was some1 who didnt test at all,

anyway my race.

QUALI - Q1 and q1 was good, 3rd run in q2 i change my wings to see if it would help and it was 0.5 slower, sadly i 4got to change it back for q3, and lost out on front row.

RACE -

Start was great jump dan into turn 1, then put lot of pressure on harv.
we had a great battle, then on lap 3 i think i got past into the harpin,

harv hung on for a few laps, but then i started to pull a gap. after each stop i got more and more confident with the car, and could push hard,

each stop went perfect, only fuck up was on exit on last stop, i was infront of harv was shocked me a bit, and i hink or i hope it was cold tyres also that spun me round,

anyway got back on the road, harv pitted so p1, pulled ou more of a gap,
and crossed the line to win,

2nd in a row, really happy, back to the top of table,
3rd race in a row where pole man hasnt won,

unlucky ner end harv, would of been my 1st 1-2 since s1 lol, and great drivers from nick / alex / dan

onto turkey a track i like,
Back to top Go down
Alonso0506

Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 am

Ok my report

Q1 and Q2 was just to get to q3 wich i did and in q3 i nearly got pole wich was very surprising but i guess harv didnt had great lap anyway p4 was very good.

Race start was good and stayed behind the ferraris and in lap 2 dan hit me at t1 and i go back behind haz who defended ace and dan like the gentleman he is waited for me and we continued to fight from there.

I saw some pit and faught with others in the pack. I decided before race im gonna do 3 stop but tyres went bit too hot in midfield battles.

Now had fight with dan till end i i would have had him but my left front was absolutly on the limit.

Now at the end congrats to dave great victory and i feels sorry for harv and others who retired with engine failure. For arjan come on m8 you gotta be kidding thats what happens in midfield. Its pure chaos there in real f1 so here its same.

Heading to turkey and seeing 21 drivers for china im very happy that we got so many great drivers here who all can get points on a good day.

cya all in turkey guys holla holla holla

bye the way why cant we upload images with the one above anymore? say register
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin
F1RacerDan

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:40 am

Lotus Race Report - Daniel Lovett

Quali - lot faster than i thought i would be after little testing and managed to get 2nd on the grid!

Race - Started what i thought was ok but ended 4th goin into t1 lol i went into alonso t1 of lap 2 which was my fault completely, i waited and let him past which put me down to 10th, had fun fighting my way back up had a great little battle with alex and was back up to 3rd after 1st pits. Then i was battling alonso till the end, knew i had to push hard last stint as i was 4 stopping on mediums, finally caught him on last lap not before he gave me a little lovebump revenge but allowed me through last turn to take 2nd in the race.

great to get my first 2nd place with such a large grid too. Well done to Dave for a great win, also to Alonso for a great battle for pretty must most of the race! unlucky to harv also and rest of engine blow up guys lol.

Onto Turkey which is my favourite f1 circuit so hoping to keep this rythmm and maintain the top 3.
Back to top Go down
MattLeonowicz
Admin
Admin
MattLeonowicz

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:42 am

My race went well, got hit into a spin into t1 on the first lap but didn't get any damage, fought my way back up to 8th and had a good battle with dan ribbans, thought i could of got him in the undercut but he did 3 stops so i was only 10 seconds behind him at the end, was a good little battle

coz of harvs engine i came home in 7th, ok finish, didn't make any mistakes for a change
Back to top Go down
https://onlinegamingleague.forumotion.net
Dan"Ribster"Ribbans

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Had a great seat for loads of the action. Just behing Arjans tank slapper T1, one of the new guys out braking himself and T-boning someone at T3, DF's cold tyre spin as he exited the pits and a flaming Welsh Ferrari.

Enjoyed the race and well pleased with 6th. Maybe could have been a place better as got hit from behind and spun by a Mercedes at end of the straight lost 3 places and good bit of time re-joining race. Good battle with Matt L all race long we were never more than 5 seconds away from each other. One of my top 3 most enjoyable races ever.
Back to top Go down
arcticwolve100

arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 am

race ended in turn 1 for me really got hit from behind had massive damage and a puncture had to do a whole lap with that
ended up in 11th due to people falling out
well done to dave
and good result for my team m8 from last on grid to 4th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shanghai - Test/Race Reports   Shanghai - Test/Race Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Shanghai - Test/Race Reports
Page 1 of 1